Windows Email Password Prompt

=?Utf-8?B?QklHRQ==?=

Windows Email Password Prompt
I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. I'm trying to setup a password
prompt for Windows email. When I first turn on my pc and access my email, I
receive a prompt for the password then, but if I close it out and try to go
back in the prompt doesn't come back up again, why? I know how to get to the
settings for it by going to tools, accounts, and then clicking on properties
and then servers, but it won't let me click in the password field to enter a
password. It's not blacked out or anything. If I check the box for log on
using secure password authentication, then the email program encounters
problems and will not check my email. I would greatly appreciate any help
that someone could give. Is anyone else having this same problem?
=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

RE: Windows Email Password Prompt
Hey BIGE, I have exactly the same problem with 'outlook professional xp'
I think it may have something to do with the following
(C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxsext32.dll couldn't be installed or downloaded), of
course its all current.
"BIGE" wrote:

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. I'm trying to setup a password
> prompt for Windows email. When I first turn on my pc and access my email, I
> receive a prompt for the password then, but if I close it out and try to go
> back in the prompt doesn't come back up again, why? I know how to get to the
> settings for it by going to tools, accounts, and then clicking on properties
> and then servers, but it won't let me click in the password field to enter a
> password. It's not blacked out or anything. If I check the box for log on
> using secure password authentication, then the email program encounters
> problems and will not check my email. I would greatly appreciate any help
> that someone could give. Is anyone else having this same problem?

Leland

Re: Windows Email Password Prompt
I finally found out how to solve this. Go to Control Panel/user accounts
and uncheck user account control. At least it (finally) worked for me.

newsDD60A54-B062-4444-8DE4-29CB474E5158@microsoft.com...