Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

lost verification key

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q3Jpc2Nv?=
 

Posts: n/a
lost verification key
ok i lost my 25-character Windows product key and i was wondering how i can
recover it?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2007
Jane C
 

Posts: n/a
Re: lost verification key
If Vista is installed, you can retrieve your Product Key using SIW, System
Information for Windows:

http://www.gtopala.com/

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
"Crisco" <Crisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6D4FE378-E1B3-42FC-B5FC-0514A6EFC4C2@microsoft.com...
> ok i lost my 25-character Windows product key and i was wondering how i
> can
> recover it?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2007
=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: lost verification key
Go to control panel- system- there it is.

"Jane C" wrote:

> If Vista is installed, you can retrieve your Product Key using SIW, System
> Information for Windows:
>
> http://www.gtopala.com/
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
> "Crisco" <Crisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6D4FE378-E1B3-42FC-B5FC-0514A6EFC4C2@microsoft.com...
> > ok i lost my 25-character Windows product key and i was wondering how i
> > can
> > recover it?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2007
Mike Bernstein
 

Posts: n/a
Re: lost verification key
No, that is the Product ID, not the Product Key. The Product Key is the one
you have to put in when you install Vista or any Windows OS.

Mike Bernstein

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:84458DDA-71D8-41C5-9BAD-F8FB77315E40@microsoft.com...
> Go to control panel- system- there it is.
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> If Vista is installed, you can retrieve your Product Key using SIW,
>> System
>> Information for Windows:
>>
>> http://www.gtopala.com/
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>> "Crisco" <Crisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:6D4FE378-E1B3-42FC-B5FC-0514A6EFC4C2@microsoft.com...
>> > ok i lost my 25-character Windows product key and i was wondering how i
>> > can
>> > recover it?

>>
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-01-2007
Robert Wolfe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: lost verification key
Actually, it retrieves the Product Key as well. At least it does here on my
Vista Business install.

"Mike Bernstein" <mike.bernstein@REMOVECAPSchemlaw.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%23UEHNzHdHHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> No, that is the Product ID, not the Product Key. The Product Key is the
> one you have to put in when you install Vista or any Windows OS.
>
> Mike Bernstein
>
> "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:84458DDA-71D8-41C5-9BAD-F8FB77315E40@microsoft.com...
>> Go to control panel- system- there it is.
>>
>> "Jane C" wrote:
>>
>>> If Vista is installed, you can retrieve your Product Key using SIW,
>>> System
>>> Information for Windows:
>>>
>>> http://www.gtopala.com/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
>>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;-)
>>> "Crisco" <Crisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:6D4FE378-E1B3-42FC-B5FC-0514A6EFC4C2@microsoft.com...
>>> > ok i lost my 25-character Windows product key and i was wondering how
>>> > i
>>> > can
>>> > recover it?
>>>
>>>

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-02-2007
Hugh Wyn Griffith
 

Posts: n/a
Re: lost verification key
Mike was replying to Larry who said that the KEY was in System
Information (WINKEY + PAUSE is my route to that <g>)

Belarc Advisor is what I use to get keys when I need them and it gives
them for some applications too. There's also a JellyBeab something or
other that is very simple and quick.

But note that you may be misled by any of these software tools if the
OS on your machine was installed by the manufacturer using a different
KEY to that on the bottom say of your laptop.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suddenly lost [ctrl] and [shift] key functionality in Explorer =?Utf-8?B?U29lcmVuIFNvZWJ5?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 9 04-20-2007 20:26
Wikipedia and the Politics of Verification Steve General Technology News 0 03-28-2007 17:41
GenMobi Offers Age Verification Paul Security News 0 03-22-2007 16:24
Security World: FIPS 201 Personal Identity Verification card demonstration Steve Security News 0 03-21-2007 21:24
If you lost your vista rtm product key heres a awnser =?Utf-8?B?U3RhbmxleQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 12-27-2006 02:39




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:04.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120