Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?

Hannes

Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?

I just upgraded my PC and bought a new tower - the supplier insisited
that Windows Vista Business comes with it as operating system. They
install the software before dispatching it to the dealer. I've
connected the new tower and and the first window that appears asks me
for the administrator's password. Surely this is not standard? I should
be taken to the welcome screen (according to the documentation) and then
given the oppurtunity to change the password.

My question: does Vista business come with a default password? I've
tried entering everything from the serial number to the bar code of the
box that the cd came in but nothing works. Is it possible that they set
a password at the assembly plant? I've contacted the dealer and he says
that he doesn't know, but will try to find out (when he has some time!).
Even though I have the software on the cd, I'd prefer not to re-install
Vista as I have no experience in what to do. Please advise.

--
Hannes
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?
There are no passwords configured by default when you install Vista. Even
the built-in administrator account should not have a password. This would
have to be done manually after the installation. I would really call that
dealer and escalate this with appropriate force.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Hannes" <Hannes.2oa2yn@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I just upgraded my PC and bought a new tower - the supplier insisited
> that Windows Vista Business comes with it as operating system. They
> install the software before dispatching it to the dealer. I've
> connected the new tower and and the first window that appears asks me
> for the administrator's password. Surely this is not standard? I should
> be taken to the welcome screen (according to the documentation) and then
> given the oppurtunity to change the password.
>
> My question: does Vista business come with a default password? I've
> tried entering everything from the serial number to the bar code of the
> box that the cd came in but nothing works. Is it possible that they set
> a password at the assembly plant? I've contacted the dealer and he says
> that he doesn't know, but will try to find out (when he has some time!).
> Even though I have the software on the cd, I'd prefer not to re-install
> Vista as I have no experience in what to do. Please advise.
>

> --
> Hannes

Mark2008

Re: Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?

The default is Password

--
Mark2008
Mark2008's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mark2008.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Paul Montgomery

On Aug 9, 1:20*am, Mark2008 <Mark2008.3dv...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> The default is Password

Smooth Mark. You gave a WRONG answer to someone who asked a question
SIX**** MONTHS AGO.
Mark2008

Re: Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?

I said or not.
A new installation sometimes puts the default password into the box and
wants you to re-type it. It worked here, but then I realized that it
would not always be "Password" so added the comment of "or not". Thank
you for being a guardian of the realm.

On Aug 9, 9:33*am, Mark2008 <Mark2008.3dv...@DoNotSpam.com> wrote:

> I said or not.

Replying to a post from MARCH OF LAST YEAR was dumber than your
answer. Check the date before you reply, and in most cases you should
quote what you are replying to.

> A new installation sometimes puts the default password into the box and
> wants you to re-type it. *It worked here, but then I realized that it
> would not always be "Password" so added the comment of "or not". *Thank
> you for being a guardian of the realm.
>
> --
> Mark2008
> Mark2008's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/mark2008.htm
> View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...ion/716784.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

MIKLO

Re: Does Vista Have Administrator Default Password?

*Now Im answering some months later,but I think its a good thing to
answer (with correct info) a question no matter how old it is. The issue
is that someone may have this question today and needs answer to old
question. So as long as someone is sure of their answer I vote to give
it no matter how old or long ago it was posted. Please keep in mind
that a wrong answer just makes more confusion for the person asking.
Thats my 2 cents worth (maybe a dollar due 2 inflation)....thanks.

--
MIKLO
MIKLO's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/91942.htm