How to Enable System Administrator

Terence Low

How to Enable System Administrator
Hi,

A few days ago, my Panda Antivirus had expired and thus exposed to viruse,
adware, trojan etc etc...After i had removed it, my laptop goes haywire.
Later i installed the Kaspersky internet security. After scanning and doing
all neccessary things, i've tried to change my screen saver. However, a pop
up window says 'Your System Administrator has disabled launching of the
Display Settings Control Panel'. I'm the only Administrator of my laptop. I
cannot even edit my Registry as well. Please tell me what to do. Thank you

--
Regards,

Terence

Flavius

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

You must remotly edit registry

Insert your DVD Vista and reboot computer,see
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html but you go
to Command Prompt (not to repair computer)
In Command Prompt type

REGEDIT.EXE

[/b]AND THEN LOAD *SAM* HIVE FROM *C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG
(see yourself MS article how edit registry remotly 'Load a hive into
the registry: Core Services'
(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...c759303.aspx)d)
for example you will load [b]SAM *hive under *HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE* as a
*REM_SAM*

Now go to *HKLM\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\Names\<us er name>
*and read what is in the Type column by Default term

'[image: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/444/remsamub1.th.png]'
(http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=remsamub1.png)'[image:
http://img209.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]'
(http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

as you can see the value in Type column is the sam as a user's
identyfication in
*HKLM\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users *then go to the user's
identyfication key and click to *F* value and will see:

'[image: http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08362/poweruser172.jpg.xs.jpg]'
(http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08362&f=poweruser172.jpg)
if will be user account with administrative previlliges (i.e your
account)
14-account is turned on
15 -account is turned off
other values - some errors

if will be user account with limited previlliges or built -in
Administrator account then:
'[image: http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08362/administrator755.jpg.xs.jpg]'
(http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08362&...strator755.jpg)
10-account is turned on
11-account is turned off
other values - some errors
after all unload hive and run computer normally

'[image: http://img209.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]'
(http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

--
Flavius
Terence Low

Re: How to Enable System Administrator
Hi Flavius,

Thank you for your help. The laptop which i purchase, doesn't comes with a
DVD Vista. It's all preloaded. Any solutions to this? Thank You

"Flavius" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> You must remotly edit registry
>
> Insert your DVD Vista and reboot computer,see
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html but you go
> to Command Prompt (not to repair computer)
> In Command Prompt type
>
> REGEDIT.EXE
>
> [/b]AND THEN LOAD *SAM* HIVE FROM *C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG
> (see yourself MS article how edit registry remotly 'Load a hive into
> the registry: Core Services'
> (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...c759303.aspx)d)
> for example you will load [b]SAM *hive under *HKEY_LOCALE_MACHINE* as a
> *REM_SAM*
>
> Now go to *HKLM\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users\Names\<us er name>
> *and read what is in the Type column by Default term
>
> '[image: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/444/remsamub1.th.png]'
> (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=remsamub1.png)'[image:
> http://img209.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]'
> (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)
>
> as you can see the value in Type column is the sam as a user's
> identyfication in
> *HKLM\REM_SAM\SAM\Domains\Accounts\Users *then go to the user's
> identyfication key and click to *F* value and will see:
>
> '[image: http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08362/poweruser172.jpg.xs.jpg]'
> (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08362&f=poweruser172.jpg)
> if will be user account with administrative previlliges (i.e your
> account)
> 14-account is turned on
> 15 -account is turned off
> other values - some errors
>
> if will be user account with limited previlliges or built -in
> Administrator account then:
> '[image: http://xs231.xs.to/xs231/08362/administrator755.jpg.xs.jpg]'
> (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs231&d=08362&...strator755.jpg)
> 10-account is turned on
> 11-account is turned off
> other values - some errors
> after all unload hive and run computer normally
>

> '[image: http://img209.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif]'
> (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)
>

> --
> Flavius

mansrm81

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

Terence who made your computer HP, Dell etc

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales.
Brink

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

Hello Terence,

This tutorial will help show you how to enable the "Display Settings
control panel" again so that you can change them.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/15...-changing.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
tanuj_chadha

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

In case you did not receive the cd with the system. Then go in the
advanced boot options menu & then press enter on Repair Your Computer.
It would ask you to login. Once you have done that. You can run startup
repair.

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:
dinesh

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

Enable Built-in Administrator Account
First you'll need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by
right-clicking and choosing "Run as administrator" (or use the
Ctrl+Shift+Enter shortcut from the search box)

Now type the following command:
net user administrator /active:yes

You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log
out, and you'll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

You'll note that there's no password for this account, so if you want
to leave it enabled you should change the password.

--
dinesh
yl89

Re: How to Enable System Administrator

I have similar problem. mine can't even run command prompt.Im pretty
sure im the admin too and i can't reach out to my regedit.exe or some
other important exe.therfore i cant change anything =(

--
yl89
Terence Low

Re: How to Enable System Administrator
Hi Manrm81,

It is produced by HP.

--
Regards,

Terence Low

"mansrm81" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Terence who made your computer HP, Dell etc
>

> --
> mansrm81
>
> If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
> the scales.

Terence Low

Re: How to Enable System Administrator
Hi Brink,