"The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

WJB

"The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie
Hi,

I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get the
above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?

I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
magnitude slower compared to before this online session.

I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
this, but they were all unsuccessful.

Please help!!!

Thanks
WJB

RE: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie
Found a way around the problem, so the urgency is gone. Still would be nice
to know what this error means and how to get around it.

"WJB" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
> system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get the
> above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
>
> I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
> magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
>
> I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
> this, but they were all unsuccessful.
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

John Barnett MVP

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie
WJB I'm not sure how to answer this one because it is a problem (from my
research, anyway) that has been around for a while and nothing concrete in
the way of solving it - well other than the obvious one of re-installing
windows.

From what I gather it is a user profile problem and the two main 'possible'
repair options are to either create a new user profile for that user (in
this case, you) or, and this may be more relevant because you have backups,
copy the 'ntuser.dat' file from your backup to your current machine. It
appears that this has worked for one user, anyway - see
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...9049&SiteID=17

If the Symantec tech support agent made a change to your system without
realising it then I would be getting back in touch with Symantec to find out
what the hell he did wrong.

I'm not familiar with this problem so all I can really do is point you in
the direction of some possible resources (the one above) in the hope that
one of the answers will help you out.

Sorry I can't be more help on this one

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

mail/post..

"WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
> system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get
> the
> above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
>
> I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
> magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
>
> I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
> this, but they were all unsuccessful.
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

WJB

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is d
Thank you very much for trying, John. I'll look into the ntuser.dat file
possibility and I do have a call in to Symantec. I just hope the tech who
calls is more knowledgeable than the one who messed it up.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> WJB I'm not sure how to answer this one because it is a problem (from my
> research, anyway) that has been around for a while and nothing concrete in
> the way of solving it - well other than the obvious one of re-installing
> windows.
>
> From what I gather it is a user profile problem and the two main 'possible'
> repair options are to either create a new user profile for that user (in
> this case, you) or, and this may be more relevant because you have backups,
> copy the 'ntuser.dat' file from your backup to your current machine. It
> appears that this has worked for one user, anyway - see
> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...9049&SiteID=17
>
> If the Symantec tech support agent made a change to your system without
> realising it then I would be getting back in touch with Symantec to find out
> what the hell he did wrong.
>
> I'm not familiar with this problem so all I can really do is point you in
> the direction of some possible resources (the one above) in the hope that
> one of the answers will help you out.
>
> Sorry I can't be more help on this one

> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>

> "WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
> > system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get
> > the
> > above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
> >
> > I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
> > magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
> >
> > I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
> > this, but they were all unsuccessful.
> >
> > Please help!!!
> >
> > Thanks

John Barnett MVP

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is d
You're Welcome. I'm only sorry I couldn't solve the problem for you.

newsDC2A6C4-22C1-4101-82A4-4AC15CE73F8F@microsoft.com...
> Thank you very much for trying, John. I'll look into the ntuser.dat file
> possibility and I do have a call in to Symantec. I just hope the tech who
> calls is more knowledgeable than the one who messed it up.
>

> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> WJB I'm not sure how to answer this one because it is a problem (from my
>> research, anyway) that has been around for a while and nothing concrete
>> in
>> the way of solving it - well other than the obvious one of re-installing
>> windows.
>>
>> From what I gather it is a user profile problem and the two main
>> 'possible'
>> repair options are to either create a new user profile for that user (in
>> this case, you) or, and this may be more relevant because you have
>> backups,
>> copy the 'ntuser.dat' file from your backup to your current machine. It
>> appears that this has worked for one user, anyway - see
>> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...9049&SiteID=17
>>
>> If the Symantec tech support agent made a change to your system without
>> realising it then I would be getting back in touch with Symantec to find
>> out
>> what the hell he did wrong.
>>
>> I'm not familiar with this problem so all I can really do is point you in
>> the direction of some possible resources (the one above) in the hope that
>> one of the answers will help you out.
>>
>> Sorry I can't be more help on this one

>> John Barnett MVP
>> Windows XP Associate Expert
>> Windows Desktop Experience
>>
>> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
>> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

>> for
>> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
>> the
>> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
>> mail/post..
>>

>> "WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to
>> > my
>> > system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I
>> > get
>> > the
>> > above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
>> >
>> > I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
>> > magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
>> >
>> > I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to
>> > all
>> > this, but they were all unsuccessful.
>> >
>> > Please help!!!
>> >
>> > Thanks

WJB

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is d
You've done plenty, John, thanks. Can I impose on you again to take a look at
another Vista issue I first posted in August with the subject: "Black Screen
When Resuming" in the general Vista group? I'm sure others would have also
ran into this.

Thanks again.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> You're Welcome. I'm only sorry I couldn't solve the problem for you.

> John Barnett MVP
> Windows XP Associate Expert
> Windows Desktop Experience
>
> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com

> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable for
> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the
> mail/post..
>

> "WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsDC2A6C4-22C1-4101-82A4-4AC15CE73F8F@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you very much for trying, John. I'll look into the ntuser.dat file
> > possibility and I do have a call in to Symantec. I just hope the tech who
> > calls is more knowledgeable than the one who messed it up.
> >

> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> WJB I'm not sure how to answer this one because it is a problem (from my
> >> research, anyway) that has been around for a while and nothing concrete
> >> in
> >> the way of solving it - well other than the obvious one of re-installing
> >> windows.
> >>
> >> From what I gather it is a user profile problem and the two main
> >> 'possible'
> >> repair options are to either create a new user profile for that user (in
> >> this case, you) or, and this may be more relevant because you have
> >> backups,
> >> copy the 'ntuser.dat' file from your backup to your current machine. It
> >> appears that this has worked for one user, anyway - see
> >> http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...9049&SiteID=17
> >>
> >> If the Symantec tech support agent made a change to your system without
> >> realising it then I would be getting back in touch with Symantec to find
> >> out
> >> what the hell he did wrong.
> >>
> >> I'm not familiar with this problem so all I can really do is point you in
> >> the direction of some possible resources (the one above) in the hope that
> >> one of the answers will help you out.
> >>
> >> Sorry I can't be more help on this one
> >>

> >> --
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Barnett MVP
> >> Windows XP Associate Expert
> >> Windows Desktop Experience
> >>
> >> Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
> >> Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org
> >> Web: http://www.silversurfer-guide.com
> >>
> >> The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any
> >> kind, either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
> >> reliability or content of this mail/post. The Author shall not be liable
> >> for
> >> any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of
> >> the
> >> use of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this
> >> mail/post..
> >>

> >> "WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...

mario roy

"WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
> system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get
> the
> above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
>
> I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
> magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
>
> I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
> this, but they were all unsuccessful.
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

mario roy

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

"WJB" <WJB@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
newsD9094BF-188A-4CF7-9DD0-43B7B6B71F42@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I was noline with Symantec Tech Support and the agent made a change to my
> system without realizing it, and now I cannot login to my account. I get
> the
> above message. What does it mean and how can I get it resolved?
>
> I can log in as Admin, except that the system seems to be an order of
> magnitude slower compared to before this online session.
>
> I also tried to restore the system to several Restore Points prior to all
> this, but they were all unsuccessful.
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks

JB28

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denie

Hey guys- I just had this issue happen to me last night. I will take
you back though a few weeks when we lost all of our desktop stuff. I
then realized that our computer was not recognizing me as the adm. and
it would log on as a temp. When logging off, it would lose everything
from that session. I though I had a virus or something. I had needed
to renew my anti-virus so I had help from symantec installing and then a
night or two later I get this same deal with the group policy client
message. Since I am the only user on the computer, I had not created
another profile to log onto. So, therefore, I can't get into the system
to try anything I have been reading on forums. Any suggentions?
Thanks,
Jon

--
JB28
stevemyricks

Re: "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access is denied

I am having the same problem, I can't get into my system at all. All I
get is group policy client service failed logon. Access denied and I
can't get pass this. I need help with this.

--
stevemyricks
stevemyricks's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161216.htm

http://forums.techarena.in