Vista Ultimate security over individual users

daztrue

Vista Ultimate security over individual users
I'm intending to upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate, and want to establish
how much more control the Administrator has. In XP Pro (with a little
manipulation) it's possible to exclude administrators from Local Group
Policy, but all other accounts (and the system) are still configured the
same. I want group policy-level/type control over individual users, but so
far I'm told this is only available in Active Directory.

I want to establish what Vista Ultimate can do for administrators that XP
Pro can't, and how far short such features fall in comparision to setting up
individual user configurations in Active Directory.
Victor Constantinescu

Re: Vista Ultimate security over individual users
Hi,
"it's possible to exclude administrators from Local Group Policy"

Could you please elaborate?

--
Victor Constantinescu aka YounGun
Security MVP

"daztrue" <daztrue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm intending to upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate, and want to
> establish
> how much more control the Administrator has. In XP Pro (with a little
> manipulation) it's possible to exclude administrators from Local Group
> Policy, but all other accounts (and the system) are still configured the
> same. I want group policy-level/type control over individual users, but so
> far I'm told this is only available in Active Directory.
>
> I want to establish what Vista Ultimate can do for administrators that XP
> Pro can't, and how far short such features fall in comparision to setting
> up
> individual user configurations in Active Directory.

daztrue

Re: Vista Ultimate security over individual users
Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3B293655
As far as I know it applies to XP as well.

"Victor Constantinescu" wrote:

> Hi,
> "it's possible to exclude administrators from Local Group Policy"
>
> Could you please elaborate?
>
> --
> Victor Constantinescu aka YounGun
> Security MVP
> http://victor-youngun.blogspot.com/
>

> "daztrue" <daztrue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm intending to upgrade from XP Pro to Vista Ultimate, and want to
> > establish
> > how much more control the Administrator has. In XP Pro (with a little
> > manipulation) it's possible to exclude administrators from Local Group
> > Policy, but all other accounts (and the system) are still configured the
> > same. I want group policy-level/type control over individual users, but so
> > far I'm told this is only available in Active Directory.
> >
> > I want to establish what Vista Ultimate can do for administrators that XP
> > Pro can't, and how far short such features fall in comparision to setting
> > up
> > individual user configurations in Active Directory.

daztrue

Re: Vista Ultimate security over individual users
So does anyone have any idea about my question?