Disk Management

Boblink

Disk Management
Hi, I created a few Partition on my Vista Home Premium system and
inadvertently Partitioned an External Hard Drive and now have 18.06GB titled
Healthy EISA Configuration. My question is, how do I Merge / Combine this
unwanted partition back with the 65.86BG External Drive?
Thanks,
Bob
Brink

Re: Disk Management

Hello Bob,

This tutorial will help show you how to delete that partition and
extend the other back into it for one drive again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95...te-extend.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Boblink

Disk Management (Follow-UP question)
Thank you for your prompt response Brink, I tried "Right click on the volume
(EX: E:\ ) your want to delete and click Delete Volume" but when I view Disk
Management, I see the following "C" (which is a SEPERATE Drive that contains
the OS), and a 2nd Drive that I Partitions for , "D" (Programs), "E" Data
files, "F"(Photos), "G" (BU) and "N" (Recovery / Images), and then the 80GB
External Drive, which is labeled "H" and the 18.06 Healthy EISA Configuration.
As I previously indicated, I inadvertently created the Healthy EISA
Configuration and want to MERGE it with the "H" Drive. (which sounds like I
need to Delete and Extend) but the Healthy EISA Configuration appears to be
a Primary Partition (I REALLY screwed up when I created it) and when I click
on it, the only option available is HELP and when I click on FILE or ACTIONS,
none of them include DELETE so my followup question is how do I Delete the
Healthy EISA Configuration?
Thanks again for your help Brink,
Bob

SIW2

Re: Disk Management

Hi Boblink

Could you post back a .jpeg screenshot of the Disk Management window ?

To post a jpeg , first use your screen capture tool to take a shot and
save it as a .jpeg .Then click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of
the thread page, and use follow 7 onward from this tutorial

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

Hope that helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Kerry Brown

Re: Disk Management
The Vista disk management console may not be able to deal with this
partition. You may need a 3rd party program. Try Bootit NG.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm

or Acronis Disk Director

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing.../diskdirector/

You may be able to do this with the diskpart program but it is quite
complicated. It is very easy to delete the wrong partition with this
program.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300415

Whatever you do make sure you have backups of any important data first. With
several partitions on several drives it is very easy to get confused and
make a mistake that causes data loss.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"Boblink" <Boblink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I created a few Partition on my Vista Home Premium system and
> inadvertently Partitioned an External Hard Drive and now have 18.06GB
> titled
> Healthy EISA Configuration. My question is, how do I Merge / Combine this
> unwanted partition back with the 65.86BG External Drive?
> Thanks,
> Bob

Boblink

Disk Management (SCR shot)
Could you post back a .jpeg screenshot of the Disk Management window ?
To post a jpeg , first use your screen capture tool to take a shot and
save it as a .jpeg .Then click the Go Advanced button at the bottom of
the thread page, and use follow 7 onward from this tutorial
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

I DON'T see a Go Advance button at the bootom of the thread, what I see (on
the bottom right) are Reply, Print and Top and then after the thread ends
(bottom of the page) are:

Return to Microsoft Communities Notify me of replies

Manage Your Profile | Rules of Conduct | Contact Us
© 2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Contact Us |Terms of Use
|Trademarks |Privacy Statement

I have the SCR shot but need directions how to POST it?
Thank you for help and sorry for not better understanding the Go Advance
instructions.
Bob
SIW2

Re: Disk Management

Hi Boblink,

It's all the way at the bottom of the page - right beneath this post
see the attached image

Hope this helps

SIW2

|Filename: Go Advanced2008-09-21_163446.jpg |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.p...achmentid=6708 |

SIW2
Boblink

Disk Management (apples and oranges)
I think we may be talking apples and oranges.
I am using the MS Community Vista Users Board and i think you are referring
to the
Vista Forums Board (i.e. Welcome to Vista Forums we are your forum to
discuss Windows Vista x64 and x86 systems. Whether you need help or just want
to post an idea you have on Vista, this is the forum for you. Register at
Vista forums...the world biggest Windows Vista resource) which I was sent a
link to but have NOT registered.
Further, when I view the Vista Forum page, I do NOT see the Go Advanced
button on the bottom of the page. May be it's available to registered users
and not guests.
BTW, I used the PrintScreen button on my KB and pasted (and saved) the
ScrShot via MSPaint and also copied the page using the Snipping Tool (which I
never saw or heard of until now) so I have the image to POSt, the only
problem is I can't figure out HOW to attach the image?
Thanks again,
Bob
P.S.-Kerry Brown believes that Visa Disk Management function may NOT be able
to unscrew my screw-up
Boblink

Disk Management (Vista might not be able to handle)
Hi Kerry, thanks for getting back to me.
This is a VERY minor problem with my External Drive where I inadvertently
created a Partition that I don't Need / Want so I view it as a nuisance.
To correct (undo what I did), I would need to Deleting the Partition that I
created and the add the Free Space back to the (remaining) Partition on the
External Drive so I don't think it makes much sense to buy a third party
program for what will essentially be a "one time deal".
Are there any Freeware programs that might be able to help in this situation?
Otherwise, I'll just keep the External Drive as 2 Partitions and move some
of the older BUs to the 16GB Drive / Partition that I created.
Thanks,
Bob

SIW2

Re: Disk Management

Hi Boblink,

Yes I believe you need to register to use the full posting functions -
why not do that - only takes a sec.

Need to see the screenshot to see what is going on , and if Vista can't
do it , for whatever reason, the free bootable GParted may be the
answer.

SIW2

--
SIW2