Problem with password

keelysue is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem with password
Everytime I try to install something new or update something on my computer, a window pops up and says "To continue, type an administrator password and click ok". The problem is, no one in my family knows the password. The guy that we paid from a pseudo-Geek Squad company to set up our computer chose the password but neglected to tell us what it is.

Anyone know how I can change the password settings without knowing the password?
Bruce Chambers

Re: Problem with password
keelysue wrote:
> Everytime I try to install something new or update something on my
> computer, a window pops up and says "To continue, type an administrator
> password and click ok". The problem is, no one in my family knows the
> password. The guy that we paid from a pseudo-Geek Squad company to set
> up our computer chose the password but neglected to tell us what it is.
>
> Anyone know how I can change the password settings without knowing the
> password?

Contact the "pseudo-Geek Squad" company and insist they fix the problem
their employee created.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
oscar

RE: Problem with password
There is no easy solution to this problem. Call the tech and get that
password... or reinstall Vista.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"keelysue" wrote:

> Everytime I try to install something new or update something on my
> computer, a window pops up and says "To continue, type an administrator
> password and click ok". The problem is, no one in my family knows the
> password. The guy that we paid from a pseudo-Geek Squad company to set
> up our computer chose the password but neglected to tell us what it is.
>
> Anyone know how I can change the password settings without knowing the
> password?
>

> --
> keelysue

GreenieLeBrun

Re: Problem with password

keelysue wrote:
> Everytime I try to install something new or update something on my
> computer, a window pops up and says "To continue, type an
> administrator password and click ok". The problem is, no one in my
> family knows the password. The guy that we paid from a pseudo-Geek
> Squad company to set up our computer chose the password but neglected
> to tell us what it is.
>
> Anyone know how I can change the password settings without knowing the
> password?

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system.

oscar

RE: Problem with password
Please post back if ntpasswd application works or not to solve your problem.

Thanks in advance…