Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.

Edwin_C

Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.

I can't rename, modify, delete or doing whatever for files inside
program files.

Myself isn't a newbie in Windows Vista, here's a couple of methods I
tried to fix it but doesn't work.

1. Taking Full Control for C:/ (Having Access Denied)
2. Taking Any Full Control For Files In Program Files (Having Access
Denied)
3. Registry Tweaks (Nothing Special)

I haven't tried turning off UAC but I think that won't work.

--
Edwin_C
Steve Riley [MSFT]

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.
Help us understand what it is that you need to do.

--
Steve Riley
steve.riley@microsoft.com

"Edwin_C" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I can't rename, modify, delete or doing whatever for files inside
> program files.
>
> Myself isn't a newbie in Windows Vista, here's a couple of methods I
> tried to fix it but doesn't work.
>
> 1. Taking Full Control for C:/ (Having Access Denied)
> 2. Taking Any Full Control For Files In Program Files (Having Access
> Denied)
> 3. Registry Tweaks (Nothing Special)
>

> I haven't tried turning off UAC but I think that won't work.
>

> --
> Edwin_C

oscar

RE: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.
Are you allowed to read the security tab of the folders or files? If so, who
has ownership and permissions of the folders or files? Have you tried gaining
permissions or taking ownership at the parent or root level of the program
files? If you can be more specific of which files you are trying to modify
and from where the folders/files were originally created that would help us.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"Edwin_C" wrote:

> I can't rename, modify, delete or doing whatever for files inside
> program files.
>
> Myself isn't a newbie in Windows Vista, here's a couple of methods I
> tried to fix it but doesn't work.
>
> 1. Taking Full Control for C:/ (Having Access Denied)
> 2. Taking Any Full Control For Files In Program Files (Having Access
> Denied)
> 3. Registry Tweaks (Nothing Special)
>

> I haven't tried turning off UAC but I think that won't work.
>

> --
> Edwin_C

Edwin_C

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.

I need to edit a couple of files in Program Files that I can't right
now.

Thanks~

--
Edwin_C
SlimJim

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.
Check that in the security tab the Everyone group has no ticks in the Deny
column as that will overrides all the allows.

SlimJim

> I need to edit a couple of files in Program Files that I can't right
> now.
>
> Thanks~
>

> --
> Edwin_C

Edwin_C

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.

I tried, ticked all,"Access Denied" to most of the files.

--
Edwin_C
SlimJim

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.
Apologies for repeating myself. Have you checked that there are no ticks in
the Deny column? (you may need to scroll down to see them)

SlimJim

> I tried, ticked all,"Access Denied" to most of the files.
>

> --
> Edwin_C

Edwin_C

Re: Modifying Programs Files Doesn't Work.

I've ticked Full Control, 100% Confirmed.

I think the cause of the problem is VistaOSX's Uninstallation,

well, that guy's software released sucks.

--
Edwin_C