lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop

druid1547

lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop
Hi I need help I purchased an Alienware and recently I needed to reload th
esoftware but the tag has the numbers blurry. What can be done I talked to
Alienware and they tell me to contact Microsoft. I can send pictures of the
license, the laptop numbers everything.
HELP!!!!!!
--
Thank You
druid1547
locoeng

Re: lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop

druid1547;831209 Wrote:
> Hi I need help I purchased an Alienware and recently I needed to reload
> th
> esoftware but the tag has the numbers blurry. What can be done I talked
> Alienware and they tell me to contact Microsoft. I can send pictures of
> the
> license, the laptop numbers everything.
> HELP!!!!!!
> --
> Thank You
> druid1547

What did microsoft say when you contacted them?

--
locoeng
druid1547

Re: lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop
Nothing as of yet.
--
Thank You
druid1547

"locoeng" wrote:

> druid1547;831209 Wrote:
> > Hi I need help I purchased an Alienware and recently I needed to reload
> > th
> > esoftware but the tag has the numbers blurry. What can be done I talked
> > Alienware and they tell me to contact Microsoft. I can send pictures of
> > the
> > license, the laptop numbers everything.
> > HELP!!!!!!
> > --
> > Thank You
> > druid1547

> What did microsoft say when you contacted them?
>

> --
> locoeng

Bruce Chambers

druid1547 wrote:
> Hi I need help I purchased an Alienware and recently I needed to reload th
> esoftware but the tag has the numbers blurry. What can be done I talked to
> Alienware and they tell me to contact Microsoft. I can send pictures of the
> license, the laptop numbers everything.
> HELP!!!!!!

Because you have an OEM license *ONLY* the computer manufacturer can
help you; Microsoft can't, by contract with the OEM.

If your system still runs, you should be able to use Belarc
Advisor from http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html to find the
Product Key. (If you have a factory-installed OEM license, and
haven't since reinstalled the OS, the revealed Product Key is probably
of the drive image used at the factory and not your specific Product
Key; therefore, it probably cannot be -- and definitely should not
be -- used for a re-installation.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Punkrockguy182

Re: lincense blurry on tag glued to mylaptop

Try the following:
See if alienware.com has a customer service provide for technical
support. If during the process of trying to talk to technical support it
asks you to type in the blurred number try using other numbers that you
can see. Sometimes they can track numbers with other numbers.

-Also try: Seeing if the numbers are on your computer itself. This
would be something Alienware should help you with.

-And last: Try looking through your technical paperwork to see if there
is any way to track the number with other provided information

--
Punkrockguy182