Stop asking administrator password on start of program?

knallan

Stop asking administrator password on start of program?

Hi!

First of all, sorry for my english. My "problem" is the following:
- I have a program that asks administrator password everytime you start
it...

So I'm wondering if it is to change some settings or something like
that to prevent this. It's very annoying cause I have one admin account
on our computer and the rest are typical user accounts. I don't wan't
the other users to know the admin password and I can't always come and
type the password when the program asks for it.

So, is it possible to configure the program so that it won't ask the
admin password on when you start it??

I have tried to change the access rights for that specific folder, but
it doesn't make it work...

--
knallan
oscar

RE: Stop asking administrator password on start of program?
This link will show you a tool that you can use to monitor real-time file
activity so you can see the registries that are changed during the process of
allowing permissions. It’s a complicated process which may or may not work
for your program.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/s.../bb896645.aspx

Bottom line: UAC will not allow standard users to have access to tools or
programs that can change global settings in the computer that could affect
other users without administrator rights (password).

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"knallan" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all, sorry for my english. My "problem" is the following:
> - I have a program that asks administrator password everytime you start
> it...
>
> So I'm wondering if it is to change some settings or something like
> that to prevent this. It's very annoying cause I have one admin account
> on our computer and the rest are typical user accounts. I don't wan't
> the other users to know the admin password and I can't always come and
> type the password when the program asks for it.
>
> So, is it possible to configure the program so that it won't ask the
> admin password on when you start it??
>
> I have tried to change the access rights for that specific folder, but
> it doesn't make it work...
>

> --
> knallan

Beoweolf

Re: Stop asking administrator password on start of program?
see if the user account is able to run the program by using 'elevated'
rights. Instead of clicking on the program to start it - try right clicking
the program .... there should be a menu which allows selection of "run as
administrator". This may solve the problem.