No administrator account on vista

andywlim

No administrator account on vista

I used to have an administrator account and one standard user
account.Then, I accidentally changed my administrator account type to a
standard user.
so now i have no administrator account on my vista home premium. I
can't install,unistall or even change my account type back. The user
account control keeps on poping out on the screen asking me to type in
the administrator account password. But I don't have any.
so please help me, i need an adminstrator account badly.

--
andywlim
Brink

Re: No administrator account on vista

Hello Andy,

See if when you boot into Safe Mode that it will boot you into the
built-in Administrator account since you do not have an administrator
account anymore.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/123496-safe-mode.html

If it does, then you can change that account back to an administrator
type account.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ount-type.html

If it does not, then you can try a repair (upgrade) install to get a
new administrator account.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

andywlim;827093 Wrote:
> I used to have an administrator account and one standard user
> account.Then, I accidentally changed my administrator account type to a
> standard user.
> so now i have no administrator account on my vista home premium. I
> can't install,unistall or even change my account type back. The user
> account control keeps on poping out on the screen asking me to type in
> the administrator account password. But I don't have any.
> so please help me, i need an adminstrator account badly.

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
andywlim

Re: No administrator account on vista

wow
thanks Brink!!!
it really worked,
now i have full control over my pc
THANKS!!!!!!!!

andywlim;828594 Wrote:
> > Brink;828028 Wrote:
> > Hello Andy,
> >
> > See if when you boot into Safe Mode that it will boot you into the
> > built-in Administrator account since you do not have an administrator
> > account anymore.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/123496-safe-mode.html
> >
> > If it does, then you can change that account back to an administrator
> > type account.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/12...ount-type.html
> >
> > If it does not, then you can try a repair (upgrade) install to get a
> > new administrator account.
> >
> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Shawn
> > > >

> wow
> thanks Brink!!!
> it really worked,
> now i have full control over my pc
> THANKS!!!!!!!!

Your welcome Andy.

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ramar

Re: No administrator account on vista

Hey, I'm having the same problem in a way. I have an admin acct and
standard, I put a PW on my admin and set up parental controls on my
brothers standard acct. which stopped him from downloading and only
allowed a few hours a day of use.

Now when I try to log in to my acct I am getting an error saying "login
failure: unknown username or bad password"

Another problem I have is that my CD Drive wont work for me to
re-install

Is there any possible way to reset my admin PW from a standard acct or
command box or even from safe mode?

I have been all over the web trying to find a solution and I'm
beginning to feel like I'm on a round-a-bout. If anybody can help me I
would EXTREMELY appreciate it! Thanks!!

--
Ramar
Ramar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ramar.htm