How do I uninstall programs

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpY2s=?=

How do I uninstall programs
I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I tried to
uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set Polocies to
prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not have
sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
Administrator".
I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
So how do I delete a program?
Your replies will be apprecitated.
Myweb

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hello chick,

Did you work with the "Administrator" account? If not you are a "smaller"
admin and have to enable the Administrator account in local users and groups.
Then logon with that account and you can uninstall the software.

Best regards

Myweb
no rights.

> I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I tried
> uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set
> Polocies to
> prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not have
> sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
> Administrator".
> I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
> So how do I delete a program?
> Your replies will be apprecitated.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpY2s=?=

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hello Myweb, many thanks for your reply.
As far as I am aware there is is only one account and this is shown as
Administrator. That is the one I am using. If this is not the correct one how
do I get to this "higher" Administrator. You mention enable the Administrator
account in local users and groups. Where will I find this (I have had a good
search and am unable to find it). Sorry if I appear a bit Vista "dim".

"Myweb" wrote:

> Hello chick,
>
> Did you work with the "Administrator" account? If not you are a "smaller"
> admin and have to enable the Administrator account in local users and groups.
> Then logon with that account and you can uninstall the software.
>
> Best regards
>
> Myweb
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
>
> > I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I tried
> > uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set
> > Polocies to
> > prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not have
> > sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
> > Administrator".
> > I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
> > So how do I delete a program?
> > Your replies will be apprecitated.

Myweb

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hello chick,

Open CompMgmt.msc from the Run line. Go to Local users and groups, users.
Theire you will see all accounts that configured on your machine. Think theire
you will find "Administrator" with an arrow pointing down. This means the
account is disabled, double click it and you can enable the account. By default
it has no password so take care!!!!

Best regards

Myweb
no rights.

> Hello Myweb, many thanks for your reply.
> As far as I am aware there is is only one account and this is shown as
> Administrator. That is the one I am using. If this is not the correct
> one how
> do I get to this "higher" Administrator. You mention enable the
> Administrator
> account in local users and groups. Where will I find this (I have had
> a good
> search and am unable to find it). Sorry if I appear a bit Vista "dim".
> "Myweb" wrote:
>
>> Hello chick,
>>
>> Did you work with the "Administrator" account? If not you are a
>> "smaller" admin and have to enable the Administrator account in local
>> users and groups. Then logon with that account and you can uninstall
>> the software.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Myweb
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers
>> no rights.
>>> I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I
>>> tried
>>> uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set
>>> Polocies to
>>> prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not
>>> have
>>> sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
>>> Administrator".
>>> I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
>>> So how do I delete a program?
>>> Your replies will be apprecitated.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpY2s=?=

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hello Myweb.
Many thanks again but do not seem to have a Run line. Have a Search where
it used to be in XP and putting Compmgmt.msc there I get a page headed
CompMgmt but no sign of Local users and group, users. Have searched
everywhere and am begining to hate Vista. I have Vista Home Pro could that be
it?

"Myweb" wrote:

> Hello chick,
>
> Open CompMgmt.msc from the Run line. Go to Local users and groups, users.
> Theire you will see all accounts that configured on your machine. Think theire
> you will find "Administrator" with an arrow pointing down. This means the
> account is disabled, double click it and you can enable the account. By default
> it has no password so take care!!!!
>
> Best regards
>
> Myweb
> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers
> no rights.
>
> > Hello Myweb, many thanks for your reply.
> > As far as I am aware there is is only one account and this is shown as
> > Administrator. That is the one I am using. If this is not the correct
> > one how
> > do I get to this "higher" Administrator. You mention enable the
> > Administrator
> > account in local users and groups. Where will I find this (I have had
> > a good
> > search and am unable to find it). Sorry if I appear a bit Vista "dim".
> > "Myweb" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello chick,
> >>
> >> Did you work with the "Administrator" account? If not you are a
> >> "smaller" admin and have to enable the Administrator account in local
> >> users and groups. Then logon with that account and you can uninstall
> >> the software.
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Myweb
> >> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> >> confers
> >> no rights.

Cal Marder

"chick" <chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Myweb.
> Many thanks again but do not seem to have a Run line. Have a Search where
> it used to be in XP and putting Compmgmt.msc there I get a page headed
> CompMgmt but no sign of Local users and group, users. Have searched
> everywhere and am begining to hate Vista. I have Vista Home Pro could that
> be
> it?
>
> "Myweb" wrote:
>
>> Hello chick,
>>
>> Open CompMgmt.msc from the Run line. Go to Local users and groups, users.
>> Theire you will see all accounts that configured on your machine. Think
>> theire
>> you will find "Administrator" with an arrow pointing down. This means the
>> account is disabled, double click it and you can enable the account. By
>> default
>> it has no password so take care!!!!
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Myweb
>> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
>> confers
>> no rights.
>>
>> > Hello Myweb, many thanks for your reply.
>> > As far as I am aware there is is only one account and this is shown as
>> > Administrator. That is the one I am using. If this is not the correct
>> > one how
>> > do I get to this "higher" Administrator. You mention enable the
>> > Administrator
>> > account in local users and groups. Where will I find this (I have had
>> > a good
>> > search and am unable to find it). Sorry if I appear a bit Vista "dim".

Disable the UAC account, un-install the program and re-enable the UAC
account.

mann

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hi

The way I solved that problem is to run the explorer or application that is
going to doit for me as administrator

to do this I right click the program about to run and select run as
administrator than if it is a directory or program just delete or change
attributes’ and delete.
also check the app's attributes and check always run as administrator so you
don't have to do the right click .
well I hope this helps some.

>I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I tried to
> uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set Polocies
> prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not have
> sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
> Administrator".
> I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
> So how do I delete a program?
> Your replies will be apprecitated.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpY2s=?=

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hi Carl,
Many thanks for your reply. Did that and it worked a treat.

"Cal Marder" wrote:

> "chick" <chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Myweb.
> > Many thanks again but do not seem to have a Run line. Have a Search where
> > it used to be in XP and putting Compmgmt.msc there I get a page headed
> > CompMgmt but no sign of Local users and group, users. Have searched
> > everywhere and am begining to hate Vista. I have Vista Home Pro could that
> > be
> > it?
> >
> > "Myweb" wrote:
> >
> >> Hello chick,
> >>
> >> Open CompMgmt.msc from the Run line. Go to Local users and groups, users.
> >> Theire you will see all accounts that configured on your machine. Think
> >> theire
> >> you will find "Administrator" with an arrow pointing down. This means the
> >> account is disabled, double click it and you can enable the account. By
> >> default
> >> it has no password so take care!!!!
> >>
> >> Best regards
> >>
> >> Myweb
> >> Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
> >> confers
> >> no rights.

> Disable the UAC account, un-install the program and re-enable the UAC
> account.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hpY2s=?=

Re: How do I uninstall programs
Hello mann,
Apreciate your suggestion. As I now have managed to delete program I will
try it out when I need to uninstall another one. Many thanks.

"mann" wrote:

> Hi
>
> The way I solved that problem is to run the explorer or application that is
> going to doit for me as administrator
>
> to do this I right click the program about to run and select run as
> administrator than if it is a directory or program just delete or change
> attributes’ and delete.
> also check the app's attributes and check always run as administrator so you
> don't have to do the right click .
> well I hope this helps some.
>
> "chick" <chick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed a program but found it did not work correctly, so I tried to
> > uninstall it. I get a message "The system Administrator has set Polocies
> > prevent this installation". the next message I get is "You do not have
> > sufficient access to uninstall *******. Please contact your system
> > Administrator".
> > I am the only user and I believe I am the Administrator.
> > So how do I delete a program?
> > Your replies will be apprecitated.

pkg_deal

Re: How do I uninstall programs
It seems we are all having the same problem and Carl Marder has an answer
that is not ladened with technical jargon. Wish it was posted so we all could
see. Chick can you help? I've been trying to delete a program for a week.