access denied?

Jeanen

access denied?
Help! I was using my HP with Vista installed as usual on Friday afternoon.
When I turned my computer back on Saturday my desktop had changed: my icons
were no longer available, new ones had been added, my background picture had
changed, etc. Because I had a valuable file on my computer I did a system
restore. Now I am denied access when I want to get to that file. What
happened and how do I fix it? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
N1K

RE: access denied?
Can you roll back to previous changes (pc state before you made a restore) It
seems like you used the second profile, but you should be able to access your
default profile files if you're an administrator..
--
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
http://www.wincert.net

"Jeanen" wrote:

> Help! I was using my HP with Vista installed as usual on Friday afternoon.
> When I turned my computer back on Saturday my desktop had changed: my icons
> were no longer available, new ones had been added, my background picture had
> changed, etc. Because I had a valuable file on my computer I did a system
> restore. Now I am denied access when I want to get to that file. What
> happened and how do I fix it? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Jeanen

RE: access denied?
Thanks for your response. After many hours on the phone with microsoft tech
support and a lot of searching that I did, this is what I found out: when I
turned the computer on it logged me on as a guest. I was unaware of this and
changed my "important" file. Unfortunately the changes that were made under
the "guest" profile were lost when I did a system restore. Anyway - I learned
a lot - I definitely appreciate your input!!

"N1K" wrote:

> Can you roll back to previous changes (pc state before you made a restore) It
> seems like you used the second profile, but you should be able to access your
> default profile files if you're an administrator..
> --
> MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
> http://www.wincert.net
>

> "Jeanen" wrote:
>
> > Help! I was using my HP with Vista installed as usual on Friday afternoon.
> > When I turned my computer back on Saturday my desktop had changed: my icons
> > were no longer available, new ones had been added, my background picture had
> > changed, etc. Because I had a valuable file on my computer I did a system
> > restore. Now I am denied access when I want to get to that file. What
> > happened and how do I fix it? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

N1K

RE: access denied?
You're welcome, I'm sorry that I haven't responded earlier..
--
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MCTS, MCITP
http://www.wincert.net