Vista deleted my profile files and many other

Ger0nim0

Vista deleted my profile files and many other

Hello,

Something unbelivable just happend today to my Vista 64 Ultimate. I was
logged into it and just wanted to start world of warcraft to play a bit.
when i started it i just received some message telling me the game
cannot authenticate me coz of the lack of some needed files. I opened
the warcraft folder and almoust all the files from its root were
missing. Then rebooted the computer but vista failed to start as i was
receivin some Boot/BCD error 0xc000000f. I used the repari from vista
dvd and i finnaly repaired the boot but when i was about to logg into my
account this doesent want to load...my account profile files are
completly gone....all of them ...desktop shortcuts, downloads etc
evereything. Now im logged into somtype of temporary profile and i dont
know what to do...system restore doesent want to start either.
i use bullguard antivirus updated every day which showed no sign of
virus etc...im not a newby in computers and i know very well what can
get me into trouble with viruses, trojans, malware etc and im 99% sure i
didnt got any ...
i really dont know what to do in this situation....i also dont know
what files im still missing more....since as i said not only vista files
where missing but my WoW file located in completly another folder and
also all my downloads documents everything from my profile...
i have 3x500gb HDD mounted in RAID 5...the raid its healthy with
nothing to worry about....

please help me
Thank you

--
Ger0nim0
Brink

Re: Vista deleted my profile files and many other

Hi Ger0nim0,

You might see if this tutorial can help with the temporary profile
error.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...y-profile.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ger0nim0

Re: Vista deleted my profile files and many other

i finally managed to run system restore and i restored the system to an
earlier point.
I got most of the files back, but still the system its behaving
abnormally...firefox doesent want to start...even after reinstall...WoW
keeps telling me about some corrupted files, my vide surveillance
program stopped working as intended and i think i will discover
more...anyway, does anyone know what should i do to fix this or at least
to prevent from happening again?

thank you

--
Ger0nim0
Brink

Re: Vista deleted my profile files and many other

From the sounds of the problems you are still having, I would recommend
a clean reinstall of Vista. Be sure to backup what you do not want to
lose if possible.

I'm not sure what may have caused the problem to begin with, so I
cannot offer any advice on how to prevent it from happening again. My
guess is some form of malware.

Hope this helps some,
Shawn