password expire

=?Utf-8?B?MTRr?=

password expire
how do you keep your password form expiring in vista home prenium or can you
I am getting a message that my password will expire in 6 days
thanks
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: password expire
Hi

Go to Start / All Programs /Accessories. Right click Command Prompt and
select "Run as administrator" from the menu. Click Continue on the UAC
prompt.

When the command window opens, type following command. (or copy / paste the
following line)

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

Press ENTER. You should see the message "The command completed successfully"

Exit the command prompt. This will reset the passwords for all accounts on
the system to not expire.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"14k" <14k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do you keep your password form expiring in vista home prenium or can
> you
> I am getting a message that my password will expire in 6 days
> thanks

GBorn

Re: password expire

"14k" <14k@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> how do you keep your password form expiring in vista home prenium or can
> you
> I am getting a message that my password will expire in 6 days
> thanks

A, you have played a bit with Vista Home Premium? Home Premium doesn't use
expired passwords in default account settings. Well, here is the cure that
should help:

Open the command prompt window in administrator mode (startmenu, All
Programs, Accessories -> right click "Run as administrator"

Enter a command like: net user <name>

where <name> is the account name. The should be a list with the account
settings. One deals with Password epiration (Password expires: No). If that
fits, try the command:

net user <name> /Passwordchg:No

The exact Syntax may be obtained with the comand "net help user".

Hope that helps

Greetings from Germany

G. Born

=?Utf-8?B?MTRr?=

Re: password expire
thanks that worked
I need to brush up on my DOS commands because vista home premium doesn’t
have all the user & groups access in GUI

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Go to Start / All Programs /Accessories. Right click Command Prompt and
> select "Run as administrator" from the menu. Click Continue on the UAC
> prompt.
>
> When the command window opens, type following command. (or copy / paste the
> following line)
>
> net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
>
> Press ENTER. You should see the message "The command completed successfully"
>
> Exit the command prompt. This will reset the passwords for all accounts on
> the system to not expire.
>

> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "14k" <14k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do you keep your password form expiring in vista home prenium or can
> > you
> > I am getting a message that my password will expire in 6 days
> > thanks

=?Utf-8?B?SmFrZSBMaWRkaWNvYXQ=?=

Re: password expire
Changing the expiration feature should be easily accesible in GUI. I
gaurantee there will be many unhappy users over that and I'm one of them.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Go to Start / All Programs /Accessories. Right click Command Prompt and
> select "Run as administrator" from the menu. Click Continue on the UAC
> prompt.
>
> When the command window opens, type following command. (or copy / paste the
> following line)
>
> net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited
>
> Press ENTER. You should see the message "The command completed successfully"
>
> Exit the command prompt. This will reset the passwords for all accounts on
> the system to not expire.
>

> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "14k" <14k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > how do you keep your password form expiring in vista home prenium or can
> > you
> > I am getting a message that my password will expire in 6 days
> > thanks

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: password expire
Jake

This option is available for the versions of Vista that have access to the
MSC components. Home Premium is not one of these.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP