administrator rights

jr8dale

administrator rights
I have VISTA...which I hate. I am the only account on the computer and have
admin rights but when I was trying to uninstall some games i was done with
it's telling me I don't have the privileges to do it...WTF! hope some one can
help.
VISTA HOME PREM
Smithsonian

Re: administrator rights
right click and click run as administrator.
"jr8dale" <jr8dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have VISTA...which I hate. I am the only account on the computer and have
> admin rights but when I was trying to uninstall some games i was done with
> it's telling me I don't have the privileges to do it...WTF! hope some one
> can
> help.
> VISTA HOME PREM

Mickey Mouse

Re: administrator rights
You hate it? Uninstall it!
Windows 95 Rev 1 would be more suited to you.

Good Luck

"Smithsonian" <irc_smithsonian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> right click and click run as administrator.
> "jr8dale" <jr8dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have VISTA...which I hate. I am the only account on the computer and
>>have
>> admin rights but when I was trying to uninstall some games i was done
>> with
>> it's telling me I don't have the privileges to do it...WTF! hope some one
>> can
>> help.
>> VISTA HOME PREM

Brink

Re: administrator rights

jr8dale;772845 Wrote:
> I have VISTA...which I hate. I am the only account on the computer and
> have
> admin rights but when I was trying to uninstall some games i was done
> with
> it's telling me I don't have the privileges to do it...WTF! hope some
> one can
> help.
> VISTA HOME PREM

Hi jr8dale,

This tutorial will show you how to enable the built-in Administrator
account so that you can have full access when logged on to it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
MattyMiller1

Re: administrator rights

Hi Brink,
I can't make the safe mode or the CMD promt work with any success. What
the issue is, my computer won't allow the vista updates to install.
We've had vista business for about 15 months (almost since first
released) and about 12 months ago the updates stopped laoding on, except
for ones to do with security. Go figure!
Does this mean the lack of administrator rights is preventing the
updates from loading?
Please help!

--
MattyMiller1
Brink

Re: administrator rights

MattyMiller1;774150 Wrote:
> Hi Brink,
> I can't make the safe mode or the CMD promt work with any success. What
> the issue is, my computer won't allow the vista updates to install.
> We've had vista business for about 15 months (almost since first
> released) and about 12 months ago the updates stopped laoding on, except
> for ones to do with security. Go figure!
> Does this mean the lack of administrator rights is preventing the
> updates from loading?
> Please help!

Hi MattyMiller,

Check to make sure that you are right clicking on the CMD shortcut (at
top) in the Start Menu and clicking "Run as administrator" to open a
elevated command prompt. It will not work with just click on CMD by
itself.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
MattyMiller1

Re: administrator rights

Hi Brink,
Well I got into the CMD prompt OK, and have admin rights. Thanks, a
small typo in the address (a space either side of the forward slash)
Anyhw, it didn't help the core problem. The computer will still not
load updates!! Go figure! There has been a problem for some 8 months,
some stage last October al updates failed, except ofr the sevurity
related ones, and even as administrator it still won't load them on.

I'm not sure if this is causing some simple software not to load on
either (flash sticks and plug-in media players, updates for adobe pdf
reader [which has now stopped working])
Not happy at all! :cry:
Any ideas?

--
MattyMiller1
Brink

Re: administrator rights

MattyMiller,

With all the problems you are reporting, I would recommend that you
backup what you do not want to lose and do a clean install. When you do
Windows Updates again, I would only do a few at a time to help avoid
them conflicting with each other when installing and restarting the
computer.

Sorry,
Shawn