Resetting account

Apfelman

Resetting account

Hi,
I'm running Vista Buisness on a company domain and are having some
problems with my account.
Now other people who log in on my computer don't have this problem and
therefor i'm assuming that it has something to do with my account.
And would like to reset my account on the local computer, or simply
delete it althogether but I can't find any such "button" or option
anywhere.
I do have access to other accounts that have administrator rights so
that's not a problem.

Any ideas on this?

(The problem I have mostly is with IE / Mozilla screwing with me, cant
acces 80% of the webpages i try to access, can acess 'Google'
(http://www.google.com), but when I search for something it only stands
there and nothing happens, I can see that it works, that it's trying to
search but nothing more. Same happens for many other webpages. )

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Andreas

--
Apfelman
Apfelman

Re: Resetting account

bump...

--
Apfelman
Nonny

Re: Resetting account
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:43:29 -0500, Apfelman <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>bump...

Only works for people who are viewing this group using Vista Forums.

The VAST MAJORITY of people reading your posts do NOT read them on
Vista Forums. Look around at all the "guests".

They and their posts come from OUTSIDE that forum.

And "bump" is all we see.

Open Help and Support. Search for "USENET".

Follow the instructions on how to set up Windows Mail to access this
and all the other groups.

Fmjc001

Re: Resetting account

Why don't you try re-installing IE?

OR

Ensure you have Internet privileges?

OR

Is your network connected to the internet?

Sorry, thats all I can think of

--
Fmjc001

::*Regards,*::
::*Fmjc001 *::
John Amendall

wrote:

>bump...

Only works for people who are viewing this group using Vista Forums.

The VAST MAJORITY of people reading your posts do NOT read them on
Vista Forums. Look around at all the "guests".

They and their posts come from OUTSIDE that forum.

And "bump" is all we see.

Open Help and Support. Search for "USENET".

Follow the instructions on how to set up Windows Mail to access this
and all the other groups.
Apfelman

Re: Resetting account

Fmjc001- Well, I got internet connection, cause I can access some sites
but not others.
Have tried reinstalling both IE, but also mozilla. I got Internet
privileges, and administrative ones.

John - Ah...
I see, thanks for the tip.

--
Apfelman
Fmjc001

Re: Resetting account

Have u checked that you have not restricted the site in security?

--
Fmjc001

*Quote of the Month:*
*"When Life Gives You Questions, Google has Answers"*

[image:
http://www.christec.co.nz/blog/wp-co.../12/medal.png]
*My Award for 2008*
*Officaly from Microsoft*
*wink
Apfelman

Re: Resetting account

Yea, nothings restricted.
But it's not just one site.
I try sites like:
'Google' (http://www.google.com) - works, altho when I press search it
doesn't.
'Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook' (http://www.facebook.com) - dont
work.
'Wikipedia' (http://www.wikipedia.org) - works.
'TTi :: Login' (http://www.tti.nu) - gets to the loginside, can log in,
but gets only to the welcomepage.

So it's probably not the sites in themselfs. But something else.

--
Apfelman
Apfelman

Re: Resetting account

Soo...
I went into c:/users/ (as administrator) I deleted my user folder,
logged in again, only to discover that it didn't create a new folder
automatically, logged back in as administrator, copied the default
folder, renamed it and made in visible/writable.
Logged back in as myself and voila. Now everything works like it should
be. Altho since I didn't know what file / files were damaged I didn't
want to do a backup of my settings, but oh well.
Now I can atleast browser again.

Thanks for the help anyway.

--
Apfelman