Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel

Ben

Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel
I'm simply trying to turn off the User Account Control under User Accounts. I
just now noticed that the link to turn it off as well as every other
administrative-required (denoted by the little shield) are utterly
unresponsive when I click on them. The problem is solely in under the User
Accounts portion of the control pannal. I was wondering if this was a known
bug?

*note* I am the administrator, and the only account on the system for that
matter. I am also not connected to any network other than my own router.

If anyone has any suggestions of patches or ideas please let me know! I
really don't feel like trying to re-install Vista for the 3rd time.

Thanks,
Ben
brisuth

Re: Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel

I have the exact same problem it is driving me crazy

--
brisuth
Jeffrey

RE: Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel
I have a similar problem, but am unable to access anything protected by UAC.
Links marked with the 4-panel shield do nothing but make the "click" sound.
There is no prompt for admin password or confirmation.

I am running as admin - the only account on the machine, as the option to
create new users is protected by UAC.

Can someone please help with this? I am unable to proceed, since I cannot
create standard user accounts for myself and my girlfriend to use the
computer.
Ben

RE: Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel
Wish someone who knows anything about this could answer us. Yesterday for
some reason I had a bunch of errors where I can to reset my Windows Genuine
Validation, wonder if that has any link at all?

-bump-
Jeffrey

RE: Unresponsive User Accounts Controll Pannel
Well, I just followed the instructions at
http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/How...ount%20Control
to disable UAC, and that allowed me to get into user administration and
create the standard user accounts that I wanted. I then re-enabled UAC, and
things seem to be working properly! - UAC-shielded links now respond with a
confirmation dialog.

I hope this is of some help to you, Ben and Brisuth ...