Regular Run As... option (not Run As Administrator)

=?Utf-8?B?c2xpbWJpbQ==?=

Regular Run As... option (not Run As Administrator)
I have Vista Business. When I shift+Righ Click an item, I can see the Run
As... option, but when I click on it, UAC asks for my consent, but I do not
get the prompt to enter the user credentials to actually Run the program as.
("Run As..." is different from "Run As Administrator"). I need to run some
things not just as a local machine administrator rights, but as a totally
different user (for instance if I had to run certain programs as a different
AD account).

How can I get back the regular Run As... command back so that it will prompt
me what account to use?
=?Utf-8?B?U2FtIFlvc3Q=?=

RE: Regular Run As... option (not Run As Administrator)
Looks like Microsoft removed the "Run as..." option without asking us. There
is still however the command line alternative "runas". I guess you could
create a script that would start a program as a different user and create an
icon pointing to it.

"slimbim" wrote:

> I have Vista Business. When I shift+Righ Click an item, I can see the Run
> As... option, but when I click on it, UAC asks for my consent, but I do not
> get the prompt to enter the user credentials to actually Run the program as.
> ("Run As..." is different from "Run As Administrator"). I need to run some
> things not just as a local machine administrator rights, but as a totally
> different user (for instance if I had to run certain programs as a different
> AD account).
>
> How can I get back the regular Run As... command back so that it will prompt
> me what account to use?

ILYNS is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Regular Run As... option (not Run As Administrator)
Hello!

Advanced Run is the most powerful free launcher that allows you to run any program, run any command line command, open and edit and print documents on behalf of any user account without switching between users.

Advantages:
- Advanced Run substitutes standard Windows Run feature so it is easy to run it by pressing [Win]+[R] standard key combination.
- Pick Advanced Run... context menu item on whatever file you want to run or open.
- Pick any user account you need, type it's password and run a command without switching between users.
- Select security profile to gain or reduce the privileges of the process you run.
- Use command templates to dramatically automate your frequent and routine actions.
- Specify implicitly shell verbs to perform additional actions on the file you need to open.
- Use command shortcuts to automate your routine work.
- Share your settings, security profiles and command shortcuts within your corporate network.
- Take advantage of preinstalled security profiles and a whole bunch of useful command shortcuts.
- Advanced Run has always been and always will be completely free!

Check it out at ILYNS : Advanced Run [ Launch with pleasure! ] !