help with instalation of programs

ducky oulds

help with instalation of programs
i seem to have a problem with my user accounts. i try to install programs
useful for my work on vista but it comes up with not an administrator. even
though i am the sole user of this computer. i tried it on my cousins
computer that is xp and that works perfectly
many thanks
duck

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: help with instalation of programs
Ducky

Try to right click on the installation file and select the 'Run As
Administrator' option. This will usually allow the program to run.

If you have any other problems with older software programs, find the
programname.exe file for the program, right click that file and select the
Compatibility Tab. You will see an option there to run the program in
'Compatibility Mode' for several previous versions of Windows.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"ducky oulds" <duckyoulds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>i seem to have a problem with my user accounts. i try to install programs
>useful for my work on vista but it comes up with not an administrator. even
>though i am the sole user of this computer. i tried it on my cousins
>computer that is xp and that works perfectly
> many thanks
> duck

Bob Stark

Re: help with instalation of programs
I clicked on "Run as Administrator" and could not find the compatability tab
to select. I still get the same administrator error. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Ducky
>
> Try to right click on the installation file and select the 'Run As
> Administrator' option. This will usually allow the program to run.
>
> If you have any other problems with older software programs, find the
> programname.exe file for the program, right click that file and select the
> Compatibility Tab. You will see an option there to run the program in
> 'Compatibility Mode' for several previous versions of Windows.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience
>

> "ducky oulds" <duckyoulds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >i seem to have a problem with my user accounts. i try to install programs
> >useful for my work on vista but it comes up with not an administrator. even
> >though i am the sole user of this computer. i tried it on my cousins
> >computer that is xp and that works perfectly
> > many thanks
> > duck

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: help with instalation of programs
Bob

The only thing I can suggest is that you check with the makers of those
programs for any known compatibility issues when installing on Vista. Vista
has implemented a lot of changes and many older programs have difficulties
working without an update.