I'm locked out.

Dodo45

I'm locked out.

I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
anywhere. My first time of doing this.
I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have used
since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock was
on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I thought
after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it wouldn't
work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day. I
am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
HELP!!!!!

--
Dodo45
t-4-2

Re: I'm locked out.

Dodo45;694000 Wrote:
> I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
> anywhere. My first time of doing this.
> I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
> remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have used
> since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
> message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
> profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock was
> on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I thought
> after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it wouldn't
> work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day. I
> am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
> HELP!!!!!

Hello Dodo45,
Try the link below. Let me know if it helps you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html

--
t-4-2
macshimi5

Re: I'm locked out.
t-4-2 the link didnt work sorry

"t-4-2" wrote:

> Dodo45;694000 Wrote:
> > I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
> > anywhere. My first time of doing this.
> > I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
> > remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have used
> > since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
> > message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
> > profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock was
> > on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I thought
> > after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> > asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it wouldn't
> > work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> > access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> > passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> > hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day. I
> > am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> > annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> > etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
> > HELP!!!!!

> Hello Dodo45,
> Try the link below. Let me know if it helps you.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...ot-loaded.html
>

> --
> t-4-2

josie

RE: I'm locked out.
I am having a problem with that also and tried checking the obvious as well
its telling me my user name or password is incorrect. I know for sure I am
using the right password. If anyone can help us please do so. Greatly
appreciated! Thanks if u can help.

"Dodo45" wrote:

> I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
> anywhere. My first time of doing this.
> I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
> remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have used
> since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
> message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
> profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock was
> on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I thought
> after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it wouldn't
> work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day. I
> am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
> HELP!!!!!
>

> --
> Dodo45

SG

Re: I'm locked out.
Hi,

That link seems to be dead, but here is the Cache version from
Google........

Quote:
How to Fix the Error "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User
profile cannot be loaded."

INFO: When you log on to Vista using a temporary profile (user account), you
receive this error message:
For more information, see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215/en-us

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

CAUSE:
The jury is still out on the exact cause, but so far :
A) This issue may occur if the user profile was manually deleted by using
the command prompt or Windows Explorer by a user or by some program. A
profile that is manually deleted does not remove the security identifier
(SID) from the user profile list in the registry. Since the SID is still
present, Vista will still try to load the profile by using the
ProfileImagePath that points to a nonexistent path. Therefore, the profile
cannot be loaded.
B) This can also be a issue with the user profile entering into a backup
state.

NOTE:
A) If you have this error message below instead, then see: How to Fix the
Error "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on
with a temporary profile." in Vista

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with a
temporary profile.

Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. Please see
the event log for details or contact your administrator.

B) If you cannot fix the user profile in OPTION ONE, then you can try doing
a Startup Repair, System Restore, or Repair Install to see if it can fix it
instead. See the related links below for how.
C) If you do not want to repair the user profile, you can delete it and
create a new user account in OPTION TWO. If this does not work for you, then
you will be left with doing a clean install. See the related links below for
how for your Upgrade or Full version of Vista.

RELATED LINKS:
1. How To Perform a Repair Installation For Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

2. How to Do a System Restore in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/76...store-how.html

3. How to Do a Startup Repair in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91...up-repair.html

4. How to Do a Clean Install of Vista with a Upgrade Version
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/68...n-install.html

5. How to Do a Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...ion-vista.html

6. How to Fix the Error "Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You
have been logged on with a temporary profile." in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...y-profile.html

STEP ONE:
Logon to the Computer:
NOTE: Go down the list here until you find a option that will work for you.

1. Logon to another Administrator account.
NOTE: If you do not have another Administrator account, then proceed to step
2.
A) Go to OPTION ONE or OPTION TWO.

2. Boot into Safe Mode.
NOTE: You may not need to enable the built-in Administrator account. If this
was the only normal administrator account you had, then Safe Mode should
automatically boot into the built-in Administrator account. See: How to
Start Vista in Safe Mode

A) If Safe Mode did not boot into the built-in Administrator account, then
enable the Built-in Administrator account. If it did , then go to step 2C.
NOTE: See: How to Enable or Disable the Real Built-in Administrator Account
in Vista
B) Logoff of Safe Mode, and then logon to the built-in Administrator account
to logon with it in Safe Mode.
C) Go to OPTION ONE or OPTION TWO.

OPTION ONE:
Fix the User Account Profile:
1. Open the Start menu.
2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter.
3. If prompted, either click on Continue or enter the password for the
Administrator account.
4. In regedit, go to: (See screenshot below step 5)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

5. In the left pane, look for the S-1-5..... folder (SID key) with the long
number that has .bak at the end of the numbers.
(See screenshots below steps 6A and 7B)
NOTE:
A) In the right pane, look at the ProfileImagePath to verify that this is
the user account profile that has the error.
B) You may have another S-1-5..... folder (SID key) above it with the exact
same number without the .bak at the end of it.

6. For Two S-1-5..... folders (SID key) with the same Number -
NOTE: This is if you have two S-1-5..... folders (SID key) with the exact
same numbers, but the second (below) one has the .bak at the end of the
numbers.
A) In the left pane, right click on the first (top) S-1-5..... folder (SID
key) that does not have .bak at the end of the numbers and click Rename.
(See screenshot below)

Repair.jpg

B) Add .bk to the end of the numbers. (See screenshot below)

Repair_bk.jpg

C) In the left pane, right click on the second S-1-5..... folder (SID key)
with .bak at the end of the numbers and click Rename. (See screenshot above)
D) Remove only .bak from the end of the numbers and press Enter. (See
screenshot below)
E) Now go back and Rename the first one with .bk to .bak now at the end of
the numbers and press Enter.

Repar_bak.jpg

F) Go to step 8.

7. For Only One S-1-5..... Folder (SID key) with .bak -
NOTE: This is if you only have one S-1-5..... folder (SID key) for your user
account with .bak at the end of the numbers.
A) In the left pane, right click on the S-1-5..... folder (SID key) with
..bak at the end of the numbers and click Rename. (See screenshot below)
B) Remove only .bak at the end of the numbers and press Enter. (See
screenshot below and below step 10)

Repair_reg.jpg

8. In the right pane of the one without .bak now, right click on RefCount
and click Modify. (See screenshot below step 10)
A) Type 0 (number) and click OK. (See screenshot below)

Modify_RefCount.jpg

9. In the right pane of the one without .bak now, right click on State and
click Modify. (See screenshot below step 10)
A) Type 0 (number) and click OK. (See screenshot below)

Modify_State.jpg

10. The registry will now look like this for the one without .bak now. (See
screenshot below)

Repair_Reg2.jpg

11. Close regedit.
12. Restart the computer.
13. See if you can logon now.

OPTION TWO:
Delete the User Account Profle:
NOTE: You can do this if you do not care about losing the user account and
the contents in the user folders.

1. Delete the User account profile that this error is for.
NOTE: See: How to Delete a User Account in Vista

2. Open the Start menu.
3. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter.
4. If prompted, click on Continue.
5. In regedit, go to: (See screenshot below step 7)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

6. In the left pane, click on one of the S-1-5..... folders (SID key) with
the long number in it.
NOTE: It may have .bak at the end of it.
A) In the right pane, look at the ProfileImagePath to see if this is the
same user account that you deleted in step 1 above.
B) Repeat step 6 until you find the one that you deleted in step 1 above.

7. To Backup the Registry SID Key -
WARNING: You should backup this SID key to be safe in case you delete the
wrong one in step 8 below.
A) Right click on the SID key, and click Export.
B) Type in a name and save the REG file to a safe location.
NOTE: This is your backup. To Restore the Backup, right click on the REG
backup file and click Merge.
C) Continue on to step 8.

SID_Reg.jpg

8. To Delete the Registry SID Key -
A) Right click on the SID key, and click Delete. (See screenshot above)
B) Click Yes to confirm deletion. (See screenshot below)

Confirm.jpg

9. Close regedit.
10. Now, just create a new normal Administrator account.
NOTE: See: How to Create a New User Account in Vista

11. Restart the computer, and logon to your new account.

That's it,
Shawn
End Quote:

BTW, do a Google search for the following and you will see many hits for
this problem. You should be able to find something to help you.

The User Profile Service failed the log on User profile cannot be loaded

--
All the best,
SG

Is your computer system ready for Vista?
https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/

"Dodo45" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
> anywhere. My first time of doing this.
> I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
> remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have used
> since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
> message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
> profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock was
> on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I thought
> after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it wouldn't
> work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day. I
> am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
> HELP!!!!!
>

> --
> Dodo45

t-4-2

Re: I'm locked out.

josie;694568 Wrote:
> I am having a problem with that also and tried checking the obvious as
> well
> its telling me my user name or password is incorrect. I know for sure I
> am
> using the right password. If anyone can help us please do so. Greatly
> appreciated! Thanks if u can help.
>
> "Dodo45" wrote:
> > > >

> > > I thought I had posted this new thread earlier but can't see it
> > > anywhere. My first time of doing this.
> > > I am the Administrator account holder on my PC. My user name is
> > > remembered but not my password. I put in the password which I have

> > used
> > > since 2002, (on different computers and operating systems) but this
> > > message displayed The User Profile Service failed the log on. User
> > > profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock

> > was
> > > on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I

> > thought
> > > after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> > > asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it

> > wouldn't
> > > work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> > > access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> > > passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> > > hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day.

> > > am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> > > annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> > > etc. By the way this happened three days ago.
> > > HELP!!!!!
> > >

> > > --
> > > Dodo45

Hello Jose,
Use the link I gave to Dodo45.

--
t-4-2
t-4-2

Re: I'm locked out.

SG;694584 Wrote:
> [...]

> > > profile cannot be loaded. I checked the obvious, maybe my caps lock

> > was
> > > on or I had mispelt password but no that was not the problem. I

> > thought
> > > after a few more checks, I would do a system restore but of course it
> > > asks for Administrator password, I typed it in but of course it

> > wouldn't
> > > work. Can anyone help with this problem. Only my husband and I have
> > > access to this PC and neither of us have changed any settings or
> > > passwords. In fact I had used the computer without any trouble, a few
> > > hours prior to this problem and was the sole user of the PC that day.

> > > am having to go through my husbands standard user log on but it is so
> > > annoying, as I can't access any of my favourites, folders, documents
> > > etc. By the way this happened three days ago.

Hello SG,
In case you did not realize, that's the exact copy of the link I gave.
What link did you click on ?

--
t-4-2
SG

Re: I'm locked out.
I clicked the same linked you posted and the page would not load. Perhaps
maintenance was being done at the site. I posted the Google Cache version if
you know what that is.

--

"t-4-2" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> SG;694584 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> That link seems to be dead, but here is the Cache version from
>> Google........

SNIPPED

> Hello SG,
> In case you did not realize, that's the exact copy of the link I gave.
> What link did you click on ?
>

> --
> t-4-2

t-4-2

Re: I'm locked out.

SG;695084 Wrote:
> I clicked the same linked you posted and the page would not load.
> Perhaps
> maintenance was being done at the site. I posted the Google Cache
> version if
> you know what that is.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
>
> Is your computer system ready for Vista?
> https://winqual.microsoft.com/hcl/
>
> "t-4-2" <guest@xxxxxx-email.com> wrote in message
> news:4ecab1fabefdb2570e3463cf7f53a1ac@xxxxxx-gateway.com...> > >
> > >
> > > SG;694584 Wrote:> >

> SNIPPED
> > > >
> > > Hello SG,
> > > In case you did not realize, that's the exact copy of the link I

> > gave.
> > > What link did you click on ?
> > >

> > > --
> > > t-4-2 > >

Thank you. Very nice of you to help out. I'll check my link again.

--
t-4-2
DLoyd

Re: I'm locked out.
Try this, it's a bit involved but not too bad.
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html