How can I create 2 users with differnt startup settings?

salty

How can I create 2 users with differnt startup settings?
I was wondering if there is a way to create 2 separate users in vista (Vista
Home Premium 32 but) that have different startup settings. I want to create
one general user with all of vista's bells & whistles for general activity
like web surfing, word processing, etc., and one user that is very stripped
down without any non-critical startup processes (programs) running and all of
the fancy stuff like aero turned off so I can have the most processing power
dedicated to my audio software. Is this possible? As of now I have 2
Administrator accounts set up and whatever startup processes I disable under
one user account, Vista disables the same processes in the other account.
What gives?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks,

Alex.
William Anderson

RE: How can I create 2 users with differnt startup settings?
Hey there Salty,

What processes are you trying to disable?

Also, some settings stick between all users (like the processes) and some
don't (like desktop configuration outside of the default.).

Depending on what you're stopping, you might be able to create two different
Hardware Profiles instead of user profiles.

Check this article out and tell me what you think.

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...iles-in-vista/

Best Regards,

Will

"salty" wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to create 2 separate users in vista (Vista
> Home Premium 32 but) that have different startup settings. I want to create
> one general user with all of vista's bells & whistles for general activity
> like web surfing, word processing, etc., and one user that is very stripped
> down without any non-critical startup processes (programs) running and all of
> the fancy stuff like aero turned off so I can have the most processing power
> dedicated to my audio software. Is this possible? As of now I have 2
> Administrator accounts set up and whatever startup processes I disable under
> one user account, Vista disables the same processes in the other account.
> What gives?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks,
>
> Alex.

Brink

salty;688798 Wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to create 2 separate users in vista
> (Vista
> Home Premium 32 but) that have different startup settings. I want to
> create
> one general user with all of vista's bells & whistles for general
> activity
> like web surfing, word processing, etc., and one user that is very
> stripped
> down without any non-critical startup processes (programs) running and
> all of
> the fancy stuff like aero turned off so I can have the most processing
> power
> dedicated to my audio software. Is this possible? As of now I have 2
> Administrator accounts set up and whatever startup processes I disable
> under
> one user account, Vista disables the same processes in the other
> account.
> What gives?
>
> I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks,
>
> Alex.

Hi Alex,

You can disable or remove the startup programs that you do not want to
have for all user accounts, then add the ones you want to each of the
separate user accounts "Startup" folder in the Start menu instead. It is
also located here "C:\Users\(Your
Username)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

This tutorial will show you how to do all of this if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn

--