Built in Administrator account disabled?

Mike

Built in Administrator account disabled?
I had a user come in with a new toshiba laptop with Windows Vista Home
Premium. I downloaded the newest version of ConfigFree - a wireless utility
to connect to ap's. Anyway, I downloaded the utility but couldn't install it
due to a permissions issue. I checked the account - Owner is the name but
doesn't have enough permissions to install this utility. Is the
Admininstrator account disabled by default? How can I enable the account if
the one and only account on this laptop cannot install this wireless utility?
Brink

Re: Built in Administrator account disabled?

Mike;685864 Wrote:
> I had a user come in with a new toshiba laptop with Windows Vista Home
> Premium. I downloaded the newest version of ConfigFree - a wireless
> utility
> to connect to ap's. Anyway, I downloaded the utility but couldn't
> install it
> due to a permissions issue. I checked the account - Owner is the name
> but
> doesn't have enough permissions to install this utility. Is the
> Admininstrator account disabled by default? How can I enable the
> account if
> the one and only account on this laptop cannot install this wireless
> utility?

Hi Mike,

No, it is not enabled by default, but this tutorial will show you how
to enable the built-in Administrator account.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html

Hope it helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*
Mike

Re: Built in Administrator account disabled?
I was able to enable the administrator which worked great but after logging
with Administrator and installing the new version of ConfigFree wireless
utility for the Toshiba laptop stopped on a particular service. I decided to
cancel the update and use the existing version on the laptop and was able to
connect to the staff wireless side of our network. Thanks again for your
help.

Mike;686773 Wrote:
> I was able to enable the administrator which worked great but after
> logging
> with Administrator and installing the new version of ConfigFree
> wireless
> utility for the Toshiba laptop stopped on a particular service. I
> decided to
> cancel the update and use the existing version on the laptop and was
> able to
> connect to the staff wireless side of our network. Thanks again for
> your
> help.
>
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > Mike;685864 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Mike,
> > >
> > > No, it is not enabled by default, but this tutorial will show you how
> > > to enable the built-in Administrator account.
> > >
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...r-account.html
> > >
> > > Hope it helps,
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask
> > > them.*
> > > '*VISTA FORUMS*' (http://www.vistax64.com)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

Your welcome Mike. I'm glad to hear that it is working for you now.

Shawn