Problem with host script engine

p.o

Problem with host script engine
I 've problem with .vbs file. When I'm trying run any script I got message
that is problem with my host srcipt engine, and there is no engine for .vbs
file.
I've windows vista without sp1.

Thanks
Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with host script engine
Hi p.o.

Can you post the *exact* error message/code as seen on the screen?

--
Regards,

Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"p.o" <po@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161AA8A1-D63C-4046-8876-D83722C25675@microsoft.com...
I 've problem with .vbs file. When I'm trying run any script I got message
that is problem with my host srcipt engine, and there is no engine for ..vbs
file.
I've windows vista without sp1.

Thanks
p.o

Re: Problem with host script engine
Hi
I've polish version of vista so I can only translate this message.
There is no engine for file (execution) with extension ".vbs"
I've run regsvr32 vbscript.dll but I've still this error message.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi p.o.
>
> Can you post the *exact* error message/code as seen on the screen?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "p.o" <po@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161AA8A1-D63C-4046-8876-D83722C25675@microsoft.com...
> I 've problem with .vbs file. When I'm trying run any script I got message
> that is problem with my host srcipt engine, and there is no engine for ..vbs
> file.
> I've windows vista without sp1.
>
> Thanks

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with host script engine
>> I've run regsvr32 vbscript.dll but I've still this error message.

Did you get any error message when registering the DLL?

--

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Hi p.o.
>
> Can you post the *exact* error message/code as seen on the screen?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> Winhelponline.com blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog
>

> "p.o" <po@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161AA8A1-D63C-4046-8876-D83722C25675@microsoft.com...
> I 've problem with .vbs file. When I'm trying run any script I got message
> that is problem with my host srcipt engine, and there is no engine for ...vbs
> file.
> I've windows vista without sp1.
>
> Thanks

Ingo

Re: Problem with host script engine

I'm having this problem as well. I registerd the DLL, and there were no
errors when doing that. The exact message is:

---------------------------
Windows Script Host
---------------------------
There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

--
Ingo
Ingo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47440

http://forums.techarena.in

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with host script engine
For VBScripts, run this command:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

--

"Ingo" <Ingo.38i7jg@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Ingo.38i7jg@DoNotSpam.com...

I'm having this problem as well. I registerd the DLL, and there were no
errors when doing that. The exact message is:

---------------------------
Windows Script Host
---------------------------
There is no script engine for file extension ".vbs".

---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

--
Ingo
Ingo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47440
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=946859

http://forums.techarena.in

Ingo

Re: Problem with host script engine

I tried that and got this message, but I still get the error indicated
above.

[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

[OK]

--
Ingo
Ingo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47440
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=946859

http://forums.techarena.in

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Problem with host script engine
Try fixing the .VBS association settings. See "Step 2" here:

Error "There is no script engine for file extension" when running .vbs files - The Winhelponline Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/er...ing-vbs-files/

--

"Ingo" <Ingo.38ifve@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message news:Ingo.38ifve@DoNotSpam.com...

I tried that and got this message, but I still get the error indicated
above.

[Window Title]
RegSvr32

[Content]
DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.

[OK]

--
Ingo
Ingo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47440
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=946859

http://forums.techarena.in

Ingo

Re: Problem with host script engine

You, my friend, are a saint. That worked like a charm. Thank you so
much.