Windows Vista Admin Password forgotten

chezchat

Windows Vista Admin Password forgotten
Can anyone help. My has has for some reason re-set his Administrator
password and forgotten what he set it to (don't you just love em) I have the
Vista disc but don't know how to reload vista as when I try it still asks for
the Admin password. All he can do as work on the internet as everything else
asks for this password. I am afraid to experiment in case I mess everything
up although he doesn't have anything saved or in files as he only had the
system at Christmas. We got it from Mesh but I have tried without success to
get help from their helpline, in fact I can't even get my calls answered.
Any help would be gratefully received.
CharlesE

Re: Windows Vista Admin Password forgotten
Microsoft wrote a KB article that can help.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940765/en-us

In short, boot from the DVD, choose Repair Option in the lower left corner
and follow the screens to the Repair Options.
Choose System Restore and Restore to a date before the administrator
password was changed.

CharlesE

"chezchat" <chezchat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF69A3FA-F0A6-446A-9F9B-762A2B2610F4@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone help. My has has for some reason re-set his Administrator
> password and forgotten what he set it to (don't you just love em) I have
> the
> Vista disc but don't know how to reload vista as when I try it still asks
> for
> the Admin password. All he can do as work on the internet as everything
> else
> asks for this password. I am afraid to experiment in case I mess
> everything
> up although he doesn't have anything saved or in files as he only had the
> system at Christmas. We got it from Mesh but I have tried without success
> get help from their helpline, in fact I can't even get my calls answered.
> Any help would be gratefully received.

Brink

chezchat;657022 Wrote:
> Can anyone help. My has has for some reason re-set his Administrator
> password and forgotten what he set it to (don't you just love em) I
> have the
> Vista disc but don't know how to reload vista as when I try it still
> asks for
> the Admin password. All he can do as work on the internet as everything
> else
> asks for this password. I am afraid to experiment in case I mess
> everything
> up although he doesn't have anything saved or in files as he only had
> the
> system at Christmas. We got it from Mesh but I have tried without
> success to
> get help from their helpline, in fact I can't even get my calls
> answered.
> Any help would be gratefully received.

Hi Chezchat,

In addition to CharlesE's post, this tutorial will show you a few
methods to reset the password so you can gain access again. If the
System Restore does not help (Method 5), then you may have to do Method
3.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
'*VISTA FORUMS*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
chezchat

Re: Windows Vista Admin Password forgotten
Thanks for the help but the system restore date only goes back to the
beginning of March and this problem has been going on for longer than that.
I ticked a box for more restore dates but still only got March. I think I am
going to have to completely reinstall windows but don't know how.

"CharlesE" wrote:

> Microsoft wrote a KB article that can help.
>
> In short, boot from the DVD, choose Repair Option in the lower left corner
> and follow the screens to the Repair Options.
> Choose System Restore and Restore to a date before the administrator
> password was changed.
>
> CharlesE
>

> "chezchat" <chezchat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsF69A3FA-F0A6-446A-9F9B-762A2B2610F4@microsoft.com...
> > Can anyone help. My has has for some reason re-set his Administrator
> > password and forgotten what he set it to (don't you just love em) I have
> > the
> > Vista disc but don't know how to reload vista as when I try it still asks
> > for
> > the Admin password. All he can do as work on the internet as everything
> > else
> > asks for this password. I am afraid to experiment in case I mess
> > everything
> > up although he doesn't have anything saved or in files as he only had the
> > system at Christmas. We got it from Mesh but I have tried without success
> > get help from their helpline, in fact I can't even get my calls answered.
> > Any help would be gratefully received.

chezchat

Re: Windows Vista Admin Password forgotten
Thanks Brink but I don't like the look of using method 3. On the FAQ there
seem to be so many things that could go wrong and it will be just my luck I
will have one of them. As my son has done nothing on the PC since he had it
than use the internet I think the safest to just reinstall Vista. I just
need directions on how.