Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

User Account not showing on start up

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
Steve Green
 

Posts: n/a
User Account not showing on start up
I have three user accounts set up on my new laptop running Vista. One
administration account, mine and one for my wife.

When i start up I only see the admin account and mine as an option, my
wiifes account is nowhere to be seen but it exists in the control section.

Very confused so help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
.Joe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: User Account not showing on start up

Steve Green;649700 Wrote:
> I have three user accounts set up on my new laptop running Vista. One
> administration account, mine and one for my wife.
>
> When i start up I only see the admin account and mine as an option, my
> wiifes account is nowhere to be seen but it exists in the control
> section.
>
> Very confused so help would be appreciated.


Steve,

We have an excellent tutorial section. I found one that talks about
hiding and unhiding user accounts. This may help you. Here's the link:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...ount-hide.html

I hope this helps.


--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
Steve Green
 

Posts: n/a
Re: User Account not showing on start up
Blimey, should I really be having to edit the registy to do this. This is a
brand new laptop with two standard user accounts on it in addition to the
Administration account.

I would have thought that Microsoft would have assumed that at least one
other user would be using the system apart from the primary and admin.

Not exactly straightforward is it????!!!!



".Joe" wrote:

>
> Steve Green;649700 Wrote:
> > I have three user accounts set up on my new laptop running Vista. One
> > administration account, mine and one for my wife.
> >
> > When i start up I only see the admin account and mine as an option, my
> > wiifes account is nowhere to be seen but it exists in the control
> > section.
> >
> > Very confused so help would be appreciated.

>
> Steve,
>
> We have an excellent tutorial section. I found one that talks about
> hiding and unhiding user accounts. This may help you. Here's the link:
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...ount-hide.html
>
> I hope this helps.
>
>
> --
> .Joe
>
> _[image:
> http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> _CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2008
.Joe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: User Account not showing on start up

Steve Green;649817 Wrote:
> Blimey, should I really be having to edit the registy to do this. This
> is a
> brand new laptop with two standard user accounts on it in addition to
> the
> Administration account.
>
> I would have thought that Microsoft would have assumed that at least
> one
> other user would be using the system apart from the primary and admin.
>
> Not exactly straightforward is it????!!!!
>
>
>
> ".Joe" wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> > > Steve Green;649700 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Steve,
> > >
> > > We have an excellent tutorial section. I found one that talks about
> > > hiding and unhiding user accounts. This may help you. Here's the

> > link:
> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...ount-hide.html
> > >
> > > I hope this helps.
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > .Joe
> > >
> > > _[image:
> > > http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png]

> > (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> > > _*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums*

> > (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
> > > _CPU-Z_Verified

> > (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
> > > > >


Steve,

I can't say why Vista is not displaying the other user account. You can
always try deleting the affected user account, rebooting, adding the
user account back on, rebooting, and see if it appears. You're correct,
with a new laptop, you shouldn't have to resort to editing the registry
for something that should already be working.

Let us know if that helps you at all.


--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*Click_here_for_the_Vista_x64_Forums* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how can I allow program to start without getting user account cont eessick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 01-26-2008 17:32
Is it possible to disable the user account picture in the Start me Gabriel Lozano-Moran microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 5 01-15-2008 14:01
User Account pops up everytme I hit start button deltacomics microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 11-15-2007 01:27
User Account Start Menu Eddiemac microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 7 11-01-2007 17:43
2 items: will not delete file, user account control not showing Pam Ammond Pierce microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 10-02-2007 06:38




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120