Disabled User Account Control and disabled Administrator account.

=?Utf-8?B?Q3JhaWcgTCBEYXZpZXM=?=

Disabled User Account Control and disabled Administrator account.
I created a standard user account with no administrative priviledges. I then
logged back on as the administrator, then I disabled user account control
UAC, then I disabled the Administrator Account.
I am now unable to turn UAC back on because I have no administrative
priviledges, and now no longer can access the Administrator account because
it has been disabled.
How can I reverse this error?
Jimmy Brush

Re: Disabled User Account Control and disabled Administrator account.
Hello,

Reboot into safe mode and try logging in as the built-in administrator (even
though it is disabled, this is supposed to work - unless all the
enabling/disabling of accounts has confused it).

You could also try booting the DVD and going to recovery options, if that
doesn't work.

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Puppy Breath

Re: Disabled User Account Control and disabled Administrator account.
Excluding the system adminstrator account (the one named Administrator that
shows up in Safe Mode), you don't need to disable any administrative
accounts. You need at least one administrative account (with a name other
than Administrator) in the Manage Accounts page. Then one standard account
for each person who uses the computer (including yourself). Everyone should
use a standard account for day-to-day computing. Use the administrative
account only when absolutely necessary to perform advanced tasks that you
can't get to by elevating on-the-fly from a standard account.

If you don't care about that security, then you can just disable UAC and
work from an administrative account. Definitely not a "security best
practice" by anybody's definition of the phrase. But is is an option and
will be more like the old way of doing things.