Vista Administration

dumplin

Vista Administration
since installing Vista I am no longer able to write to my CD/DVD drives pop
up tells me I do not have access to the folder and need need permision from
administrator, I am the administrator so does any one know why I cant use the
drives to write or copy files to. They are both OK for playing Videos , CD's
or auto installing programs can any one help

--
dumplin
delrayjack

RE: Vista Administration
I have the same problem when I try to remove some files that Vista thinks I
should keep (Internet Explorer, for example). I, too, am the Administrator
on my home computer but I'm told I need Administrator approval and to "Try
Again" (button) continually. Does anyone ou there have a solution?

"dumplin" wrote:

> since installing Vista I am no longer able to write to my CD/DVD drives pop
> up tells me I do not have access to the folder and need need permision from
> administrator, I am the administrator so does any one know why I cant use the
> drives to write or copy files to. They are both OK for playing Videos , CD's
> or auto installing programs can any one help
>
> --
> dumplin

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Vista Administration
Hello,

it's possible that the program that should write the files to CD doesn't
have administrative privileges - which may be necessary for doing this.
So, right-click the program and select "Run as administrator".

If you have special problems with folders that you should have full access
to but you can't access them, right-click them, select Properties > tab
"Security" > Advanced > tab "Owner" and take ownership over the folder.
Then, change your permissions in the "Security" tab, if necessary.
--
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo

"dumplin" <dumplin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> since installing Vista I am no longer able to write to my CD/DVD drives
> pop
> up tells me I do not have access to the folder and need need permision
> from
> administrator, I am the administrator so does any one know why I cant use
> the
> drives to write or copy files to. They are both OK for playing Videos ,
> CD's
> or auto installing programs can any one help
>
> --
> dumplin

dumplin

Re: Vista Administration
Thanks for the in put but its not one specific program its that will not
write to disc its all programs and burning software as well, I do have a
multi card reader and floppy drive on my machine which are both OK and will
accept any information sent to them
--
dumplin