Problem with administrative rights

Kevin

Problem with administrative rights
I have been working on this computer for days and have tried many solutions.
I am on a personal computer with vista and am constantly getting the error
"the administrator has set policies to prevent this installation". I had to
disable the UAC to download the netflix movie player and to make a couple of
other changes. I don't want to go and disable it everytime I have to change
something. I installed Trend Micro Internet security pro about a month ago.
I don't know if that would have anything to do with it. If anyone can help it
will be greatly appreciated!
tired of msos

RE: Problem with administrative rights
Kevin,

I to have been working for days to install an HP or Lexmark printer. Neither
printer driver will install. I get administrative rights problems. I was
actually up to 19 pages from HP tech support and still nothing worked.
Lexmark referred me to windows vista website/tech support. website to check
if brand new printer and the other 2 years old printer was compatible. Their
website says yes. Microsoft would not help me; stated I had to go back to the
manufacturer who installed vista premium (more like a piece of crap if you
ask me). Gateway tech support gave up after 45 minutes and referred me to
pcexperts website (which costs money). Gateway customer service yelled at me
and stated they could not help with 3rd party device but could if I paid $
130 for 90 minutes of service (sure, I have spent days already, now they want
me to pay up to $ 500 dollars) for their problem. They are the ones who
installed windows vista and chose windows vista. I just wanted to scan 1
lousy piece of paper, 1 stupid photo of a sunset. So, I would like to help
you, but can't. Just wanted to wish you luck on finding a solution. If
Gateway won't honor their warranty for a $ 1000 laptap that can't print and
microsoft ignores the problem....after 20 years of microsoft operating
system, new computer every 2 years....I give up. Going to use APPLE ...their
iods work with ease. Their computer/systems can't be half as bad as the mess
above. At least they offer 3 years full time any time as much as you want
tech support, including printers for $ 250. Good luck