Administrator privledges not working

Donnazwa

Administrator privledges not working
I cannot get my adminsitrator privledges to work on my computer. It shows
that I am the administrator, but I cannot add any new software because it
says I must be the administrator. When I look at my user account info, it
shows I am administrator but account is set to standard. When I try to click
the button to change the account to administrator, it will not let me. It
used to work.
--
Donnazwa
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Administrator privledges not working
Donnazwa

If the account is shown to be an Administrator account and you select to
change the account type, the Standard account will be automatically
selected. If you change it to Administrator, this will not work because the
account is already an administrator account. So what you are seeing is the
the way it is supposed to work.

If you have a program that will not install, try right clicking the
installation file and select the "Run as administrator" option on the menu.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Donnazwa" <Donnazwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot get my adminsitrator privledges to work on my computer. It shows
> that I am the administrator, but I cannot add any new software because it
> says I must be the administrator. When I look at my user account info, it
> shows I am administrator but account is set to standard. When I try to
> click
> the button to change the account to administrator, it will not let me. It
> used to work.
> --
> Donnazwa

Donnazwa

Re: Administrator privledges not working
I have done that, and it still won't let me run it...says you cannot "run
as". I figured out how to show the "administrator" account, logged on as the
administrator and tried to install the program and it still said could not
"run as" that I needed to sign on as administrator or primary user. I've
tried everything. It is for my HP officejet 7400 printer. It works locally,
for basic printing only, but I can't seem to print from my other network
computer. It won't let me do anything like scan to....says I need to install
the software....but I can't. The think is, it was all working fine just a
few weeks ago. I'm wondering if some update or virus protection messed
something up.
--
Donnazwa

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Donnazwa
>
> If the account is shown to be an Administrator account and you select to
> change the account type, the Standard account will be automatically
> selected. If you change it to Administrator, this will not work because the
> account is already an administrator account. So what you are seeing is the
> the way it is supposed to work.
>
> If you have a program that will not install, try right clicking the
> installation file and select the "Run as administrator" option on the menu.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Desktop Experience
>

> "Donnazwa" <Donnazwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot get my adminsitrator privledges to work on my computer. It shows
> > that I am the administrator, but I cannot add any new software because it
> > says I must be the administrator. When I look at my user account info, it
> > shows I am administrator but account is set to standard. When I try to
> > click
> > the button to change the account to administrator, it will not let me. It
> > used to work.
> > --
> > Donnazwa

jihchiang

Re: Administrator privledges not working
The reason " it won't let you " is that you missed one step. On that same
window you should see the heading Standard User and a BLUE dot In Front.
you should also see the heading Administrator and a WHITE ( blank ) dot in
front. Click that white dot and it turns into a blue dot ( while the other
blue dot has turned white ). Click the box that says Change Account Type.
you are now the bona fide Administrator. Please inform me if it works for
you or not.
Would be nice if you e-mail me d.huang65@gmail.com