RE: completely disabling warning popups and administrator access

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbi1EZWFu?=

RE: completely disabling warning popups and administrator access
Run msconfig, and go to the Tools tab to disable UAC. To disable the
Phishing Filter, run inetcpl.cpl, and go to the Advanced tab (scroll down to
Security, under Settings).

"locoytravieso" wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I just installed Vista a few days ago and can honestly say I am very
> disappointed with it. First of all, the display looks like garbage. The
> graphics resolution seems fine when I open up a photo but like the icons look
> like 16bit resolution.
>
> Also, how do you completely disable the "features" of popup warnings? It
> seems like everything I do results in a UAC popup or anti-phishing. The
> newest one I found is that even as a domain admin logged into the machine
> it's saying I don't have administrator access to install a DRIVER? What is up
> with that? Basically I want to completely disable all the features Microsoft
> has implemented to safeguard users from their own stupidity. I am in I.T. and
> know how to not infect my computer in the first place. They really should
> have a universal control panel that completely shuts off all these features.
> I don't want to have to go into a million places, do multiple regedits, etc.
> in order to do this. Is there an easy way to accomplish what I need to do? If
> not, I will be reinstalling Windows XP. It seems that Microsoft was about 2
> years too early on releasing this software. It's still much in BETA as far as
> I'm concerned.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance,
>
> locoytravieso

=?Utf-8?B?bG9jb3l0cmF2aWVzbw==?=

RE: completely disabling warning popups and administrator access
Hi Dean-Dean,

I wish I knew it was that simple. Now how do I disable the "Run as
Administrator" option? I just want to run it without having to go through
this extra step.

Thanks,

locoytravieso

"Dean-Dean" wrote:

> Run msconfig, and go to the Tools tab to disable UAC. To disable the
> Phishing Filter, run inetcpl.cpl, and go to the Advanced tab (scroll down to
> Security, under Settings).
>
> "locoytravieso" wrote:
>
> > Hi All-
> >
> > I just installed Vista a few days ago and can honestly say I am very
> > disappointed with it. First of all, the display looks like garbage. The
> > graphics resolution seems fine when I open up a photo but like the icons look
> > like 16bit resolution.
> >
> > Also, how do you completely disable the "features" of popup warnings? It
> > seems like everything I do results in a UAC popup or anti-phishing. The
> > newest one I found is that even as a domain admin logged into the machine
> > it's saying I don't have administrator access to install a DRIVER? What is up
> > with that? Basically I want to completely disable all the features Microsoft
> > has implemented to safeguard users from their own stupidity. I am in I.T. and
> > know how to not infect my computer in the first place. They really should
> > have a universal control panel that completely shuts off all these features.
> > I don't want to have to go into a million places, do multiple regedits, etc.
> > in order to do this. Is there an easy way to accomplish what I need to do? If
> > not, I will be reinstalling Windows XP. It seems that Microsoft was about 2
> > years too early on releasing this software. It's still much in BETA as far as
> > I'm concerned.
> >
> > Thanks for your help in advance,
> >
> > locoytravieso

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhbi1EZWFu?=

RE: completely disabling warning popups and administrator access
With UAC disabled, and if the account you are logged into is an
administrative one, then, by default, you are running "Run as Administrator",
if I'm understanding your question. E.g., Command Prompt will say
"Administrator: Command Prompt" in the tile bar, or Run will say "This task
will be created with administrative privileges", without an "extra step".