Access Denied

Lost Administrator righs

Access Denied
Hi all
Could someone help me?
I have 2 accounts, one as administrator and another for guests.
As administrator i tried do deny access to my drive c: to the guets and i
did, no problems. I restarted the windows to start with guests account just
to see if worked the access to my drive c: and it did. My problems started
when i changed to my administrator account, i could not open my drive c: as
administrator. Looks like i lost administrator rights. Is that possible? and
worse i dont have any response from user accounts, i cant do anything in user
accounts. Any help?
Jimmy Brush

Re: Access Denied
Hello,

What specifically did you do to deny access to guests? Also, do you have a
Windows setup DVD?

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Lost Administrator righs" <Lost Administrator
righs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> Could someone help me?
> I have 2 accounts, one as administrator and another for guests.
> As administrator i tried do deny access to my drive c: to the guets and i
> did, no problems. I restarted the windows to start with guests account
> just
> to see if worked the access to my drive c: and it did. My problems started
> when i changed to my administrator account, i could not open my drive c:
> as
> administrator. Looks like i lost administrator rights. Is that possible?
> and
> worse i dont have any response from user accounts, i cant do anything in
> user
> accounts. Any help?

Lost Administrator righs

Re: Access Denied
Well, i went to the properties of the drive and then security and selected
guests account and tick it on deny. I cannot remember exactly how i did, i
might tick the wrong user.
I dont have a windows setup DVD.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What specifically did you do to deny access to guests? Also, do you have a
> Windows setup DVD?
>

> --
> - JB
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Lost Administrator righs" <Lost Administrator
> righs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> > Could someone help me?
> > I have 2 accounts, one as administrator and another for guests.
> > As administrator i tried do deny access to my drive c: to the guets and i
> > did, no problems. I restarted the windows to start with guests account
> > just
> > to see if worked the access to my drive c: and it did. My problems started
> > when i changed to my administrator account, i could not open my drive c:
> > as
> > administrator. Looks like i lost administrator rights. Is that possible?
> > and
> > worse i dont have any response from user accounts, i cant do anything in
> > user
> > accounts. Any help?

brink

Re: Access Denied

Lost Administrator righs;558923 Wrote:
> Well, i went to the properties of the drive and then security and
> selected
> guests account and tick it on deny. I cannot remember exactly how i
> did, i
> might tick the wrong user.
> I dont have a windows setup DVD.
>

> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > What specifically did you do to deny access to guests? Also, do you

> > have a
> > > Windows setup DVD?
> > >

> > > --
> > > - JB
> > > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> > >

> > > "Lost Administrator righs" <Lost Administrator
> > > righs@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Lost,

In the Security area this is the defaults for Allow:

Authenticated Users - Only Special Permissions checked for Allow.

SYSTEM - Everything checked except Special Permissions for Allow.

Administrators (your computer name\Adiministrators) - Everything
checked except Special Permissions for Allow.

Users (your computer name\Users) - Only "Read & execute", "List folder
contents", and "Read" checked for Allow.

You may need to take ownership of the drive to modify these. This will
show you how.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67...ship-file.html

Hope this helps you,
Shawn