Cannot start BITS service in XP

Aaron

Cannot start BITS service in XP
In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
(32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Aaron

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
"In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC (media center) in Vista
Home Premium
(32-bit)"

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Running XP or Vista?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473EC004-CF00-4BF9-AF78-BE0D58EB2804@microsoft.com...
> In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
> (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
> Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
> problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
Title reads: "Cannot start BITS service in XP"

Hence my question.

Will post a bits .reg fix shortly.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Running XP or Vista?
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473EC004-CF00-4BF9-AF78-BE0D58EB2804@microsoft.com...
> In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
> (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
> Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
> problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Aaron

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
Yeah, not sure how "in XP" got added as I didn't write it and I was in the
Vista forums when I wrote the original post.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Title reads: "Cannot start BITS service in XP"
>
> Hence my question.
>
> Will post a bits .reg fix shortly.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBC3119-DAC9-4CFC-9C11-805F3854CCB2@microsoft.com...
> "In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC (media center) in Vista
> Home Premium
> (32-bit)"
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Running XP or Vista?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473EC004-CF00-4BF9-AF78-BE0D58EB2804@microsoft.com...
> > In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
> > (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
> > Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
> > problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
Download bits_vista.reg from here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/fixes/bits_vista.reg

Save the file to Desktop. Right-click the file and choose "Merge". BITS should be restored.

--
Regards,

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Title reads: "Cannot start BITS service in XP"
>
> Hence my question.
>
> Will post a bits .reg fix shortly.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBC3119-DAC9-4CFC-9C11-805F3854CCB2@microsoft.com...
> "In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC (media center) in Vista
> Home Premium
> (32-bit)"
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Running XP or Vista?
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473EC004-CF00-4BF9-AF78-BE0D58EB2804@microsoft.com...
> > In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
> > (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
> > Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
> > problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Aaron

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
Thanks!

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Download bits_vista.reg from here:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/fixes/bits_vista.reg
>
> Save the file to Desktop. Right-click the file and choose "Merge". BITS should be restored.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
>

> "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0727F2A1-BCD9-4F84-ADA0-98427DD4DFCF@microsoft.com...
> Yeah, not sure how "in XP" got added as I didn't write it and I was in the
> Vista forums when I wrote the original post.
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
> > Title reads: "Cannot start BITS service in XP"
> >
> > Hence my question.
> >
> > Will post a bits .reg fix shortly.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> >

> > "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBC3119-DAC9-4CFC-9C11-805F3854CCB2@microsoft.com...
> > "In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC (media center) in Vista
> > Home Premium
> > (32-bit)"
> >
> > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > Running XP or Vista?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
> > > Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com
> > >

> > > "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473EC004-CF00-4BF9-AF78-BE0D58EB2804@microsoft.com...
> > > In the course of troubleshooting a problem with MC in Vista Home Premium
> > > (32-bit) I have discovered the the BITS service is competely missing in the
> > > Services section. I need to add and restart this service to fix my other
> > > problem. How do I add this service to my list again? Thanks.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Cannot start BITS service in XP
YW!

--