Change locked computers wallpaper

Nura

Change locked computers wallpaper
Hi:

Iam using Vista Ultimate edition. I changed my desktop wallpaper and it got
changed easily. But, when i lock my box, the change is not getting reflected
that is my new wallpaper that i have changed is not getting dispalyed on
locked computer background, instead old vista wallpaper is displayed.

I tried to change all wallpaper related content in regedit too, but nothing
helped me out. Is anyone there to help me out with this strange problem.

Thanks,
Jimmy Brush

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
Hello,

Using the registry editor, create a string value named WallPaper in
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop whose value is the path and
filename of the wallpaper you want to use.

--
- JB
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Nura" <Nura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Iam using Vista Ultimate edition. I changed my desktop wallpaper and it
> got
> changed easily. But, when i lock my box, the change is not getting
> reflected
> that is my new wallpaper that i have changed is not getting dispalyed on
> locked computer background, instead old vista wallpaper is displayed.
>
> I tried to change all wallpaper related content in regedit too, but
> nothing
> helped me out. Is anyone there to help me out with this strange problem.
>
> Thanks,

Nura

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
Himmy:

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it didn't work in my box. I created a new string value in
the respective place and restarted my stystem. Still i see same old vista
desktop wallpaper.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Nura.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using the registry editor, create a string value named WallPaper in
> HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop whose value is the path and
> filename of the wallpaper you want to use.
>

> --
> - JB
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "Nura" <Nura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > Iam using Vista Ultimate edition. I changed my desktop wallpaper and it
> > got
> > changed easily. But, when i lock my box, the change is not getting
> > reflected
> > that is my new wallpaper that i have changed is not getting dispalyed on
> > locked computer background, instead old vista wallpaper is displayed.
> >
> > I tried to change all wallpaper related content in regedit too, but
> > nothing
> > helped me out. Is anyone there to help me out with this strange problem.
> >
> > Thanks,

ioamnesia

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
Your locked screen uses the same picture as your logon screen which is
located inside the c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IMAGERES.DLL file. You have two
options, change the imageres.dll file manually replacing the images with a
dll resource editor or use the VistaLogon tool from stardock which
accomplishes the same thing.

"Nura" wrote:

> Himmy:
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't work in my box. I created a new string value in
> the respective place and restarted my stystem. Still i see same old vista
> desktop wallpaper.
>
> Any other suggestions.
>
> Thanks,
> Nura.
>
> "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Using the registry editor, create a string value named WallPaper in
> > HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop whose value is the path and
> > filename of the wallpaper you want to use.
> >

> > --
> > - JB
> > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "Nura" <Nura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > Iam using Vista Ultimate edition. I changed my desktop wallpaper and it
> > > got
> > > changed easily. But, when i lock my box, the change is not getting
> > > reflected
> > > that is my new wallpaper that i have changed is not getting dispalyed on
> > > locked computer background, instead old vista wallpaper is displayed.
> > >
> > > I tried to change all wallpaper related content in regedit too, but
> > > nothing
> > > helped me out. Is anyone there to help me out with this strange problem.
> > >
> > > Thanks,

Nura

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
Thanks for your reply.

But where do i find the VistaLogon tool, i tried searching for the tool in
http://www.stardock.com, but unable to find the tool.

Thanks,
Arun B.

"ioamnesia" wrote:

> Your locked screen uses the same picture as your logon screen which is
> located inside the c:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IMAGERES.DLL file. You have two
> options, change the imageres.dll file manually replacing the images with a
> dll resource editor or use the VistaLogon tool from stardock which
> accomplishes the same thing.
>
> "Nura" wrote:
>
> > Himmy:
> >
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > Unfortunately, it didn't work in my box. I created a new string value in
> > the respective place and restarted my stystem. Still i see same old vista
> > desktop wallpaper.
> >
> > Any other suggestions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nura.
> >
> > "Jimmy Brush" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Using the registry editor, create a string value named WallPaper in
> > > HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop whose value is the path and
> > > filename of the wallpaper you want to use.
> > >

> > > --
> > > - JB
> > > Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

ctmaines@hotmail.com

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
I'm trying to do the same thing. Anyone have any other ideas?

Jerome Devost

Re: Change locked computers wallpaper
You can get it at http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/

There is a Vista version.