Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update

asperrott

Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update
My father has a Vista PC, today he downloaded the latest updates as usual,
however after reboot the machine will no longer accept his account password.
He's not the most experienced user and I forgot to get him to make a reset
disc. I know I can do the .iso image and reset the password next time I
visit him, but does anyone know why the update caused this? It's only since
he downloaded the updates today it caused the problem. He knows his
password, and set-up a hint (I've checked He's on Vista Home Premuim. He
only has one account (no admin that I can determine).
ShellShell626

RE: Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update

"asperrott" wrote:

> My father has a Vista PC, today he downloaded the latest updates as usual,
> however after reboot the machine will no longer accept his account password.
> He's not the most experienced user and I forgot to get him to make a reset
> disc. I know I can do the .iso image and reset the password next time I
> visit him, but does anyone know why the update caused this? It's only since
> he downloaded the updates today it caused the problem. He knows his
> password, and set-up a hint (I've checked He's on Vista Home Premuim. He
> only has one account (no admin that I can determine).

asperrott

RE: Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update
The error is actually "user profile will not logon" this happened after the
updates, still had chance to look it myself, saw on some threads this is a
norton update issue, and you need to boot in safe mode or run a repair to
fix. Anyone have any other ideas?

"ShellShell626" wrote:

> "asperrott" wrote:
>
> > My father has a Vista PC, today he downloaded the latest updates as usual,
> > however after reboot the machine will no longer accept his account password.
> > He's not the most experienced user and I forgot to get him to make a reset
> > disc. I know I can do the .iso image and reset the password next time I
> > visit him, but does anyone know why the update caused this? It's only since
> > he downloaded the updates today it caused the problem. He knows his
> > password, and set-up a hint (I've checked He's on Vista Home Premuim. He
> > only has one account (no admin that I can determine).

malteser

Re: Vista Password Problem After Microsoft Update
Same problem here after windows update.

A system restore cured it.