corrupted profile - blank desktop

ricardo.l

corrupted profile - blank desktop
After logon, I only see an empty destop, and I can access the task manager by
CTRL-ALT_DEL. I could run a sfc/scannow, which went fine but no improvements.

I am sure my profile is corrupted but I am not able to access control panel
to create a new one. Everything is loaded correctly in processes list.
Where can I find a procedure to solve this issue?
thx alot

mattie

RE: corrupted profile - blank desktop
When looking at the task list, click new task and browse to where your
profile site (ie your user name) then rename it to something diferent. Upon
logging back in, your machine should create a new profile... If thats what
you want to do.

"ricardo.l" wrote:

> After logon, I only see an empty destop, and I can access the task manager by
> CTRL-ALT_DEL. I could run a sfc/scannow, which went fine but no improvements.
>
> I am sure my profile is corrupted but I am not able to access control panel
> to create a new one. Everything is loaded correctly in processes list.
> Where can I find a procedure to solve this issue?
> thx alot

ricardo.l

RE: corrupted profile - blank desktop
great, thanks a lot, it worked fine.
Rick

"mattie" wrote:

> When looking at the task list, click new task and browse to where your
> profile site (ie your user name) then rename it to something diferent. Upon
> logging back in, your machine should create a new profile... If thats what
> you want to do.
>
> "ricardo.l" wrote:
>
> > After logon, I only see an empty destop, and I can access the task manager by
> > CTRL-ALT_DEL. I could run a sfc/scannow, which went fine but no improvements.
> >
> > I am sure my profile is corrupted but I am not able to access control panel
> > to create a new one. Everything is loaded correctly in processes list.
> > Where can I find a procedure to solve this issue?
> > thx alot

songhoe

Re: corrupted profile - blank desktop

May I know exact steps to rename the folder?

I have the same problem, but when I go to C:\Users\MY_OLDUSERNAME i am
unable to rename my own user profile. (logged in as MY_OLDUSERNAME)

MY_OLDUSERNAME is also my only administrator account.

Thanks

--
songhoe