PID is invalid

Remigijus

PID is invalid
I wonder if anybody has any suggestions what I could do in such a hapless
situation. I tried to obtain help from Windows Live OneCare and was unable to
register because Product ID was invalid. I entered the ID I found in my
computer according to the instructions. I am worried if that was just a
technical glitch or a more serious problem. What baffles me most, there is no
help available in such a situation.
tkprstock

RE: PID is invalid
I'm having the same problem. I purchased and ASUS laptop via NewEgg, and
when I try to get support from MS, the website tells me the product ID is
invalid.

"Remigijus" wrote:

> I wonder if anybody has any suggestions what I could do in such a hapless
> situation. I tried to obtain help from Windows Live OneCare and was unable to
> register because Product ID was invalid. I entered the ID I found in my
> computer according to the instructions. I am worried if that was just a
> technical glitch or a more serious problem. What baffles me most, there is no
> help available in such a situation.

Bruce Chambers

Re: PID is invalid
tkprstock wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. I purchased and ASUS laptop via NewEgg, and
> when I try to get support from MS, the website tells me the product ID is
> invalid.

That is because Microsoft does not provide free support for OEM
installations. You need to contact the laptop's manufacturer for any
and all support.

(Or, if you prefer to pay for support, you can still call Microsoft,
credit card in hand.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
tkprstock

Re: PID is invalid
Why don't they explicitly say that on their site, then, instead of making
people search for it?? Just a quick note in that section to say OEM
installations are not freely supported. Not that many words, really, to
prevent pain and anguish...

Thanks for your response.