Lost Administrator rights.

K2

Lost Administrator rights.
Could any one help me?

Suddenly from a few days ago, I lost my administrator rights,
My user account shows as administrator.
Another user with admin I have created before also does not work either.

Turning on UAC is inaccessible... I cannot run CMD as an administrator.
So built-in administrator could be activted
Uninstall a program is failed..

I cannot run Most of my applications except a few like MS office, explorer..

Several programs stop imediately with a message "the service cannot be
started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices
associated with it"

Even in safe mode. I cannot access major system control functions except the
service in system. Even Trying disabling window update in start service,
vista is in no response.. So I have to turn off manually.

CMD in safe mode does not work.. It shows up but no reponse...

I suspect that it happened after my vista tried to install .net 1.1 sp
automatically a few days ago, but failed.. It still try... if I turn on
auto-update...

I will definitely turn back to XP soon if I cannot find the solution is in
vain..

Please help me...

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Lost Administrator rights.
Hello,

try one of the following (#2 ...):
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"K2" <K2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Could any one help me?
>
> Suddenly from a few days ago, I lost my administrator rights,
> My user account shows as administrator.
> Another user with admin I have created before also does not work either.
>
> Turning on UAC is inaccessible... I cannot run CMD as an administrator.
> So built-in administrator could be activted
> Uninstall a program is failed..
>
> I cannot run Most of my applications except a few like MS office,
> explorer..
>
> Several programs stop imediately with a message "the service cannot be
> started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices
> associated with it"
>
> Even in safe mode. I cannot access major system control functions except
> the
> service in system. Even Trying disabling window update in start service,
> vista is in no response.. So I have to turn off manually.
>
> CMD in safe mode does not work.. It shows up but no reponse...
>
> I suspect that it happened after my vista tried to install .net 1.1 sp
> automatically a few days ago, but failed.. It still try... if I turn on
> auto-update...
>
> I will definitely turn back to XP soon if I cannot find the solution is in
> vain..
>
> Please help me...

K2

It worked..
Thank you so much.
I could active the adminitrator and turned off UAC

However, turning UAC through control panel did not work. It was not responded.
Searching online, I used msconfig..

So far, it looks my account regained all the adminirator rights.
Thank you so much.

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> try one of the following (#2 ...):
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/Administ..._of_admin.aspx
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "K2" <K2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Could any one help me?
> >
> > Suddenly from a few days ago, I lost my administrator rights,
> > My user account shows as administrator.
> > Another user with admin I have created before also does not work either.
> >
> > Turning on UAC is inaccessible... I cannot run CMD as an administrator.
> > So built-in administrator could be activted
> > Uninstall a program is failed..
> >
> > I cannot run Most of my applications except a few like MS office,
> > explorer..
> >
> > Several programs stop imediately with a message "the service cannot be
> > started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices
> > associated with it"
> >
> > Even in safe mode. I cannot access major system control functions except
> > the
> > service in system. Even Trying disabling window update in start service,
> > vista is in no response.. So I have to turn off manually.
> >
> > CMD in safe mode does not work.. It shows up but no reponse...
> >
> > I suspect that it happened after my vista tried to install .net 1.1 sp
> > automatically a few days ago, but failed.. It still try... if I turn on
> > auto-update...
> >
> > I will definitely turn back to XP soon if I cannot find the solution is in
> > vain..
> >
> > Please help me...

P. Di Stolfo

Re: It worked..