DVD Acces is denied even to an administrator

Zander C

DVD Acces is denied even to an administrator
I recently tried to ue a flash drive but was unsuccessful because Vista
advised it was locked even although there was no encryption or password
software etc. One I removed it I have now found out that my DVDdrive is not
accessable even to an adminstrator and the suggested solution for
changingowner returns access denied. It is also preventing me from backing up
as a back up returns an eror message 0x80070005.

I really need access to my DVDdrive can anyone help?
--
Zanderc
Engel

RE: DVD Acces is denied even to an administrator
Hello Zander,

See if this helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939399/en-us
Error message when you try to install updates on a Windows Vista-based
computer by using Windows Update or when you try to perform a backup: "Code
0x8007000b"

If that doesn't help - start a free Windows Update support incident request:
- - -

"Zander C" wrote:

> I recently tried to ue a flash drive but was unsuccessful because Vista
> advised it was locked even although there was no encryption or password
> software etc. One I removed it I have now found out that my DVDdrive is not
> accessable even to an adminstrator and the suggested solution for
> changingowner returns access denied. It is also preventing me from backing up
> as a back up returns an eror message 0x80070005.
>
> I really need access to my DVDdrive can anyone help?
> --
> Zanderc

Zander C

RE: DVD Acces is denied even to an administrator
Thanks Engel. It turned out that the problem was caused by security software
installed by Acer on my PC known as eLock. It had decided to lock my DVD
Drive and the new flashdrive I had tried to use.
--
Zanderc