Administrative rights

wildflowerz

Administrative rights
im trying to install a font managment program and im getting the message that
the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.. i
went to the help section.. it suggested i right click on the program and give
it administrative rights.. when i right click on it.. i dont have an option
to do that..
Mike Douglas

RE: Administrative rights
Hmmmmm what if your hold down the Shoft key and right click on the install
file for the program do you see it then?

"wildflowerz" wrote:

> im trying to install a font managment program and im getting the message that
> the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.. i
> went to the help section.. it suggested i right click on the program and give
> it administrative rights.. when i right click on it.. i dont have an option
> to do that..

wildflowerz

RE: Administrative rights
i just went and tried that Mike.. but i still dont get the admin rights in
the drop down list..

"Mike Douglas" wrote:

> Hmmmmm what if your hold down the Shoft key and right click on the install
> file for the program do you see it then?
>
> "wildflowerz" wrote:
>
> > im trying to install a font managment program and im getting the message that
> > the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.. i
> > went to the help section.. it suggested i right click on the program and give
> > it administrative rights.. when i right click on it.. i dont have an option
> > to do that..

Mike Douglas

RE: Administrative rights
Can you attempt to log on as administator then try to install the font manager?
Mike D

"wildflowerz" wrote:

> i just went and tried that Mike.. but i still dont get the admin rights in
> the drop down list..
>
> "Mike Douglas" wrote:
>
> > Hmmmmm what if your hold down the Shoft key and right click on the install
> > file for the program do you see it then?
> >
> > "wildflowerz" wrote:
> >
> > > im trying to install a font managment program and im getting the message that
> > > the system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation.. i
> > > went to the help section.. it suggested i right click on the program and give
> > > it administrative rights.. when i right click on it.. i dont have an option
> > > to do that..

vacca159

RE: Administrative rights
if the program is in the all programs list click on it and there should be
other options for the program right click on one of those it there you go to
properties then choose compatibility tab here you may have to run in
compatibility for windows xp and also check the box at bottom to run as
administrator. I have used this several times