Allowing access to the Internet for another user

Desirée

Allowing access to the Internet for another user
Help me, please. I have searched too many places and am
coming up empty-handed!

I bought a new computer to replace my "vintage" Windows 98
model. Got on-line with no problem. In my glee to get going I
selected myself to be the only one to log on to the Internet...
as I hadn't quite thought through allowing anytime Internet access
to my 13 year old. I am the "Administrator", he is a "User". It's
very cool that he can have his own wallpaper, settings, etc.

After exploring the cool parental controls though I have changed
my mind about him having free access to the Internet. I have tried to
change my "exclusive" internet connection but to NO AVAIL!

When I log on I get two boxes on the screen:

--the first is the Dial-up connection, no problem

--the second is the Settings box where it CLEARLY says:
"Save this user name and password for the following users"
-me only (which is selected)
-anyone who uses this computer (which is grayed out and I CAN'T select).

I want my son to have access to the dial-up modem without me having
to log him on. How do I change my previous selection to allow that?
I have searched through every properties and set-up area I can.

Thanks for your guidance!

Desirée

vacca159

RE: Allowing access to the Internet for another user
You can go to the user accounts and choose manage another account this will
bring up all accounts on your computer choose your sons user account and give
him administrative privilges this will remove all the parental control. IF
you change your mind just go back and limit him again. you may or may not
have to redo the parental controls.