> sir , i didnt backup the EFS certificate before formatiing the disk but
> also i hope there will be some way to decrypt the locked file bcoz
> nothing is
> immpossible. plz help me out for this problem.
Here is a back door approach that may work for you. Make copies of
these files first and use them to preserve a copy of your files.
1. Create a New Folder on the desktop. (not encrypted)
2. Move all the encrypted files into the New Folder.
3. Right click on the New Folder and click "Send To" -> "Compressed
(zipped) Folder". (on desktop)
4. Right click on the New Compressed Folder and "Extract" the New
5. Click "Yes" to the do you want to replace the old New Folder.
6. The files should not be encrypted now.
If that does not do the trick, then :
There is a program called "Advanced EFS Data Recovery" that is suppose
to be able to decrypt these EFS files. They have a free trial version
that you can download and use. I do not know if the free version will
let you decyrpt, or they will make you buy the full version ($99 Home,
$199 Business) first. It might be worth it to try and see. I would
make a copy of the EFS files and try it on them and save the originals.
'ELCOMSOFT: Advanced EFS Data Recovery'
*There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*