Windows XP License

mistercrisp

Windows XP License
If I buy a builder's edition of Win XP, or the Home version of Win XP
(because I have read that in 6 months or so Win XP will not be sold any
longer) will I still be able to activate my copy (or copies) in 9 months or a
year, or so, when I go to install it for the first time?
Dustin Harper

Re: Windows XP License
Yes, you will still be able to activate it. Microsoft will still have
the online servers as well as phone activation for Windows XP for as
long as it's supported, possibly longer.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

mistercrisp wrote:
> If I buy a builder's edition of Win XP, or the Home version of Win XP
> (because I have read that in 6 months or so Win XP will not be sold any
> longer) will I still be able to activate my copy (or copies) in 9 months or a
> year, or so, when I go to install it for the first time?

Jane C

Re: Windows XP License
Hi,

Yes, you will be able to activate when you install. The ability to activate
XP will not be removed.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP Windows Shell/User

"mistercrisp" <mistercrisp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I buy a builder's edition of Win XP, or the Home version of Win XP
> (because I have read that in 6 months or so Win XP will not be sold any
> longer) will I still be able to activate my copy (or copies) in 9 months
> or a
> year, or so, when I go to install it for the first time?

mistercrisp

Re: Windows XP License
Thanks! Just what I needed to know!

Ken