UAC permission to delete

Pesky Eskie

UAC permission to delete
I don't understand why I have permission to install some 3rd party apps, but
not the needed permission to uninstall.

I looked on Local Disk (C Properties>Security, in the box that displays I
have granted full auth to all displayed names and actionsand still some
programs I try to delete will start to delete (going thru all of the dialog
boxes asking for permission and do you really want to) watching the progress
bar get almost all the way to the end and the the box pops up, "you do not
have sufficient rights" or "you do not have permission try again.

I'm logged on as administrater and under advanced it shows me not only as
admiistrater but ownder also.

Has any one else experienced this or have help?

Windows Vista Premium, Windows One Care (paid subscrition), All the latest
updates and UAC on and password protected.

One thing that I never see when it asks for permission is a dialog box
asking for my pass word.

If anyone can decipher what I just asked, please help!!
--
If this aint from me, then I don''''t know who its from!
Kerry Brown

Re: UAC permission to delete
The uninstaller for the application is not Vista compatible and is not
notifying Vista it needs administrator privileges. Unless a program notifies
Vista it needs administrator privileges and Vista presents you with a UAC
prompt the program will run with standard user privileges. If the
application has an uninstaller program you can run, run it with the "Run as
administrator" option. If it doesn't have a standalone uninstaller then you
could try temporarily turning off UAC and uninstalling it while logged on as
an administrator. This may or may not work depending on the program and if
it was using the virtual store or not.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"Pesky Eskie" <PeskyEskie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand why I have permission to install some 3rd party apps,
>but
> not the needed permission to uninstall.
>
> I looked on Local Disk (C Properties>Security, in the box that displays
> have granted full auth to all displayed names and actionsand still some
> programs I try to delete will start to delete (going thru all of the
> dialog
> boxes asking for permission and do you really want to) watching the
> progress
> bar get almost all the way to the end and the the box pops up, "you do not
> have sufficient rights" or "you do not have permission try again.
>
> I'm logged on as administrater and under advanced it shows me not only as
> admiistrater but ownder also.
>
> Has any one else experienced this or have help?
>
> Windows Vista Premium, Windows One Care (paid subscrition), All the latest
> updates and UAC on and password protected.
>
> One thing that I never see when it asks for permission is a dialog box
> asking for my pass word.
>
> If anyone can decipher what I just asked, please help!!
> --
> If this aint from me, then I don''''t know who its from!

Pesky Eskie

Re: UAC permission to delete
You're right! I found this article that helped explain it a little more and
gave a work around for those instances.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tec...t/default.aspx

Most of it was greek to me but I know their are those that can use it.

Thanks a bunch