ADMINISRTATION PASSWORD FORGOTTEN

MIKE

ADMINISRTATION PASSWORD FORGOTTEN
I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE OTHER
ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE BECAUSE
I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PASSWORD. HOW CAN
I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I DON'T HAVE A FLOPPY WITH
THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT IT WONT
BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.
BurrWalnut

RE: ADMINISRTATION PASSWORD FORGOTTEN
This always works when people forget their passwords. Make a cup of coffee,
sit down, put your feet up, close your eyes for a few minutes and the
password will come to you.

If it doesn't, it is always caused by something being amiss!

"MIKE" wrote:

> I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE OTHER
> ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE BECAUSE
> I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PASSWORD. HOW CAN
> I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I DON'T HAVE A FLOPPY WITH
> THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT IT WONT
> BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

GreenieLeBrun

MIKE wrote:
> I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE OTHER
> ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE
> BECAUSE I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE
> PASSWORD. HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I
> DON'T HAVE A FLOPPY WITH THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN
> TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT IT WONT BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS
> WOULD BE GREAT.

First, for future reference, do not post in capitals, it makes the post hard
to read and is, often, considered the internet version of shouting.

Next go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system.

If by "WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN....." you mean when you try to boot from a CD
or DVD then you need to enter your computer's BIOS (on many machines this is
accomplished by taping the Del key as the machine boots up) and then
changing the boot order so that the CD/DVD device preceeds the hard drive in
the boot order.

f/fgeorge

Re: ADMINISRTATION PASSWORD FORGOTTEN
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:25:48 +1100, "GreenieLeBrun"
<GreenieLeBrun@hotmail.com> wrote:

>MIKE wrote:
>> I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE OTHER
>> ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE
>> BECAUSE I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE
>> PASSWORD. HOW CAN I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I
>> DON'T HAVE A FLOPPY WITH THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN
>> TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT IT WONT BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS
>> WOULD BE GREAT.

>First, for future reference, do not post in capitals, it makes the post hard
>to read and is, often, considered the internet version of shouting.
>
>Next go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ . There you will find
>zip files that will let you create boot floppy disks or bootable CDs
>that will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
>operating system.
>
>If by "WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN....." you mean when you try to boot from a CD
>or DVD then you need to enter your computer's BIOS (on many machines this is
>accomplished by taping the Del key as the machine boots up) and then
>changing the boot order so that the CD/DVD device preceeds the hard drive in
>the boot order.

Could also try this:
go to the safe mode just hit the f8 key repeatedly as soon as you turn
on your computer and choose the administrator from that you can
recreate your password again.
Insane

"MIKE" wrote:

> I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE OTHER
> ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE BECAUSE
> I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PASSWORD. HOW CAN
> I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I DON'T HAVE A FLOPPY WITH
> THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT IT WONT
> BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT.

Brink

Insane;643077 Wrote:
> "MIKE" wrote:
> > > >
> > > I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME EDITION AND I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. THE

> > OTHER
> > > ACCOUNTS ARE LOCKED OUT WITH PARENTAL CONTROL WHICH I CAN NOT CHANGE

> > BECAUSE
> > > I FORGOT THE PASSWORD. I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING WITHOUT THE PASSWORD.

> > HOW CAN
> > > I CHANGE THAT. I CAN GET ONLINE BUT ITS LIMITED. I DON'T HAVE A

> > FLOPPY WITH
> > > THE PASSWORD EITHER. WHEN I PUT THE DISC IN TO TRY AND BOOT FROM THAT

> > IT WONT
> > > BOOT FROM THE DISC. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. > >

Hi Insane,

One of these methods may be able to help. You may have to do Method
Three on a friends computer to use the DVD on yours.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...-password.html

Shawn

--
Brink