Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Need Permission To Delete?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007
 

Posts: n/a
Need Permission To Delete?
I have tried to delete something from my desktop, but it says I don't have
permission, so i turned the account control thing off and it still says I
don't have permission... It is the folder with my messenger stuff in and i
added it into my own private folder but now the spare refuses to go into the
recycle bin... Anyone know how to get rid of it? Obviously I have permission
to delete it since its mine :O
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007
P. Di Stolfo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Permission To Delete?
Hello,

is Messenger opened while you are trying to delete the folder? Try again
having it exited.
If that doesn't work, right-click your Taskbar, choose "Task Manager", go to
the tab "Processes" and exit the task
explorer.exe .
Then go to File -> New Task... -> explorer.exe
and try deleting again.

Hope this will work. Please write back if it doesn't.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
///////////////////////////

<<<Beth> wrote in message
news:56FCCCD4-C50F-41DE-B3DA-311034CA165E@microsoft.com...
> I have tried to delete something from my desktop, but it says I don't have
> permission, so i turned the account control thing off and it still says I
> don't have permission... It is the folder with my messenger stuff in and i
> added it into my own private folder but now the spare refuses to go into
> the
> recycle bin... Anyone know how to get rid of it? Obviously I have
> permission
> to delete it since its mine :O


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2007
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Permission To Delete?
Yes thanks very much <3

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is Messenger opened while you are trying to delete the folder? Try again
> having it exited.
> If that doesn't work, right-click your Taskbar, choose "Task Manager", go to
> the tab "Processes" and exit the task
> explorer.exe .
> Then go to File -> New Task... -> explorer.exe
> and try deleting again.
>
> Hope this will work. Please write back if it doesn't.
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> <<<Beth> wrote in message
> news:56FCCCD4-C50F-41DE-B3DA-311034CA165E@microsoft.com...
> > I have tried to delete something from my desktop, but it says I don't have
> > permission, so i turned the account control thing off and it still says I
> > don't have permission... It is the folder with my messenger stuff in and i
> > added it into my own private folder but now the spare refuses to go into
> > the
> > recycle bin... Anyone know how to get rid of it? Obviously I have
> > permission
> > to delete it since its mine :O

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-22-2007
P. Di Stolfo
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Need Permission To Delete?
You're welcome!
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
///////////////////////////

"<<Beth>>" <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:45745338-A922-4B3D-908F-250D1487EE64@microsoft.com...
> Yes thanks very much <3
>
> "P. Di Stolfo" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> is Messenger opened while you are trying to delete the folder? Try again
>> having it exited.
>> If that doesn't work, right-click your Taskbar, choose "Task Manager", go
>> to
>> the tab "Processes" and exit the task
>> explorer.exe .
>> Then go to File -> New Task... -> explorer.exe
>> and try deleting again.
>>
>> Hope this will work. Please write back if it doesn't.
>> Greetings,
>> P. Di Stolfo
>> --
>> ////////////////////////////
>> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
>> ///////////////////////////
>>
>> <<<Beth> wrote in message
>> news:56FCCCD4-C50F-41DE-B3DA-311034CA165E@microsoft.com...
>> > I have tried to delete something from my desktop, but it says I don't
>> > have
>> > permission, so i turned the account control thing off and it still says
>> > I
>> > don't have permission... It is the folder with my messenger stuff in
>> > and i
>> > added it into my own private folder but now the spare refuses to go
>> > into
>> > the
>> > recycle bin... Anyone know how to get rid of it? Obviously I have
>> > permission
>> > to delete it since its mine :O

>>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permission denied to delete folder westoaksins microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 11-01-2007 11:42
permission to delete Steve microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration accounts passwords 6 10-13-2007 06:31
how to stop asking me for permission to delete. Paul microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 09-27-2007 09:44
can't delete need permission Richard microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 09-10-2007 10:53
Delete permission Manny microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 2 03-22-2007 13:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120