Administrator password

Trevib

Administrator password
I have upgraded to Vista premium from Xp without a password on my admin
username. I now wish to put a password on this user but have been warned that
EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites
will cause problems. Are any Vista system files in this category? I do not
want to put a password on and then find I have problems with the system.
Bruce Chambers

Re: Administrator password
Trevib wrote:
> I have upgraded to Vista premium from Xp without a password on my admin
> username. I now wish to put a password on this user but have been warned that
> EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites
> will cause problems.

Yes, that's the standard warning telling you of the potential
consequences of your action.

> Are any Vista system files in this category?

Not unless *you* deliberately made them so, no, not natively.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Trevib

Re: Administrator password
Thanks for that, I'll keep my fingers crossed and bite the bullet.

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Trevib wrote:
> > I have upgraded to Vista premium from Xp without a password on my admin
> > username. I now wish to put a password on this user but have been warned that
> > EFS-encrypted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites
> > will cause problems.

> Yes, that's the standard warning telling you of the potential
> consequences of your action.
>

> > Are any Vista system files in this category?

> Not unless *you* deliberately made them so, no, not natively.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. ~Bertrand Russell

> killed a great many philosophers.
> ~ Denis Diderot

sheila

RE: Administrator password