Permissions to install a program

Frank

Permissions to install a program
I am trying to install an update to my Adobe Acrobat 6 standard, bringing it
up to 8.0, which is Vista compatible. I have moved my 6.0 from my old
computer to my new Vista computer. I have followed the instructions of
several commenters on this site, changing ownership & permissions of folders
to no avail. I continue to get the same error message; "A problem occurred
while creating the destination folder. Please check the folder permissions
or choose a different folder".

So far, my investment in this Vista machine has been extremely frustrating.

I look forward to a solution!
--
Best regards,

Frank
P. Di Stolfo

Re: Permissions to install a program
Hello,

so where are you moving the 6.0 folder into? Isn't there a fresh setup file
that installs the Adobe product without the older files?

Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo
--
////////////////////////////
http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install an update to my Adobe Acrobat 6 standard, bringing
> it
> up to 8.0, which is Vista compatible. I have moved my 6.0 from my old
> computer to my new Vista computer. I have followed the instructions of
> several commenters on this site, changing ownership & permissions of
> folders
> to no avail. I continue to get the same error message; "A problem
> occurred
> while creating the destination folder. Please check the folder
> permissions
> or choose a different folder".
>
> So far, my investment in this Vista machine has been extremely
> frustrating.
>
> I look forward to a solution!
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Frank

Frank

Re: Permissions to install a program
Hi, thanks for the reply. Just got back from traveling for Thanksgiving
holiday.

The update file I downloaded is an .exe file. However, when I try to
install it (Launch it), I get the error message listed below. I am set up as
the administrator and I have changed all my folder settings, insuring that I
have all rights, & ownership. I even turned off the requirement for user
account settings so that any user would be enabled, to no avail.

I'm stumped!

Frank
--
Best regards,

Frank

"P. Di Stolfo" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> so where are you moving the 6.0 folder into? Isn't there a fresh setup file
> that installs the Adobe product without the older files?
>
> Greetings,
> P. Di Stolfo
> --
> ////////////////////////////
> http://blog.lysorp.com - Small Windows blog in German language
> ///////////////////////////
>
> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to install an update to my Adobe Acrobat 6 standard, bringing
> > it
> > up to 8.0, which is Vista compatible. I have moved my 6.0 from my old
> > computer to my new Vista computer. I have followed the instructions of
> > several commenters on this site, changing ownership & permissions of
> > folders
> > to no avail. I continue to get the same error message; "A problem
> > occurred
> > while creating the destination folder. Please check the folder
> > permissions
> > or choose a different folder".
> >
> > So far, my investment in this Vista machine has been extremely
> > frustrating.
> >
> > I look forward to a solution!
> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Frank

P. Di Stolfo

Re: Permissions to install a program
Hello,

try right-clicking the exe file and choosing "Run as administrator". This
will start the setup file in an elevated administrative mode (if started
normally, it runs in user's mode).

Hope this will work.
Greetings,
P. Di Stolfo