User account appears twice, cannot delete it

Francis4344

User account appears twice, cannot delete it
My user acount appears twice, same name, on the log in page. Vista says the
password is wrong. In the user acount manage, it only appears once. Where can
I delete this "phatom account" in the registry?
myworldvision@gmail.com

Re: User account appears twice, cannot delete it
I too am having this problems, but with two different accounts, thus
creating two "sets" of accounts. I don't have any passwords set up
for either of the acconts, and so clicking on either 'link' to account
#1 does the same thing. Like Francis, they only appear once while
managing the user profiles.
brink

myworldvision;522943 Wrote:
> I too am having this problems, but with two different accounts, thus
> creating two "sets" of accounts. I don't have any passwords set up
> for either of the acconts, and so clicking on either 'link' to account
> #1 does the same thing. Like Francis, they only appear once while
> managing the user profiles.

Hi,

Did you ever setup a automatic logon at one time for these accounts?
Even if you do not have a password for these account now or ever, this
problem will pop-up if a password was entered incorrectly during the
automatic logon setup. Especially if there was no password for the
account.

If this is not the case, then do you remember if you did, install, or
change anything before this happened?

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: User account appears twice, cannot delete it
Francis

Many people are having this same problem. The problem has been identified as
a conflict between the OmniPass fingerprint reader software and Vista.

If you have a fingerprint reader with the OmniPass software installed, here
is the latest information posted by another user who fixed the problem.

<quote>
I contacted OmniPass and you do not have to uninstall the OmniPass Software.
downloaded this file, www.softexinc.com/download/UninstMSPwdProv.exe - ran
it
re-booted and I only had the 2 ADMIN Accounts I wanted. this seems to be a
problem with OmniPass Version 5.00.18 and Vista update, It has been
addressed
and fixed in Version 5.00.75 which will fix the issue. If you don't the next
time you do a Windows Update with Vista you may get the same doubled user
accounts again.
</quote>

You can download the fix from the above link and double click the downloaded
file to run the file.

You also need to contact OmniPass support or your PC maker to inquire about
getting the latest version of the OmniPass software.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP